Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's hope Palace's stay true to form and do the business. By business I mean asset stripping, meddling and ensuring a League finish several places below where they should be.

Jan 30, 2008
Looks like Swansea could be the latest Premier League club to fall under US ownership, with a deal sounding close: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36007763

What I didn't know until reading this is the Swansea City Supporters Trust owns 20% of the club which is valued at around £20m. They also receive a healthy dividend each year and are sitting on over £1m in cash: http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Trust-Audited-Accounts-2015.pdf

sickening , having worked for American companys in the past they do like a bit of asset stripping :nono:
regards
DR

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Not good. Whether from the US or Far East, these money moguls from overseas 'don't get it' when it comes to English football. Its good the supporters trust own 20%. In the perfect world, all clubs would be at least 51% fan owned.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm still very surprised so many clubs are falling to American hands, look at Aston Villa and run a mile, Shirley?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looks like Swansea could be the latest Premier League club to fall under US ownership, with a deal sounding close:
Was there ever a vote about making the PL a closed shop (which Bolton supported)? And if there was, was it just the PL clubs that voted? With all the foreign ownership, particularly the yanks, I imagine they'd vote for it if they could.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
the majority of US owners do not like relegation - they don't understand the football pyramid - I fear for the league system as the more votes they get in the Premier League the more chance there will be for relegation to be abolished:tosser:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The top league will be nothing without promotion and relegation. **** em if they vote for it, the real league will start in the Championship.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a shame no one seems overly concerned about this. It will end in tears but it will be way too late by then.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the majority of US owners do not like relegation - they don't understand the football pyramid - I fear for the league system as the more votes they get in the Premier League the more chance there will be for relegation to be abolished:tosser:
So do the PL teams vote on this or what?

The top league will be nothing without promotion and relegation. **** em if they vote for it, the real league will start in the Championship.
You say **** 'em, but there's a fair chance we'd be one of them.

Hopefully fans from around the country would unite to protest against it. I would protest, and I would cancel Sky regardless of the fact the wife wouldn't want me to. This can never be allowed to happen.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
So do the PL teams vote on this or what?

You say **** 'em, but there's a fair chance we'd be one of them.

Hopefully fans from around the country would unite to protest against it. I would protest, and I would cancel Sky regardless of the fact the wife wouldn't want me to. This can never be allowed to happen.

I don't think you could stop them if the majority decided to stop relegation. In the same way that the big European clubs could quite easily decide to create their own league. All they would need to do is find some wealthy bloke to create a new league that the TV companies would have a stake in.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMHO Mr Bloom will at some stage need some outside financial help to progress the club,although i am not saying from USA,my guess from Australia.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMHO Mr Bloom will at some stage need some outside financial help to progress the club,although i am not saying from USA,my guess from Australia.

Yes, if we do get to the prem and to get decent players we are going to have to look at higher wages, then I am sure time will come when he looks for outside help.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think you could stop them if the majority decided to stop relegation.
Is it up to the clubs, or do the FA get a say? I can't believe it's simply whatever the club owners want, or it would be quite likely to happen.

In the same way that the big European clubs could quite easily decide to create their own league. All they would need to do is find some wealthy bloke to create a new league that the TV companies would have a stake in.
But UEFA would have to accept clubs from that league into the Champions League etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, if we do get to the prem and to get decent players we are going to have to look at higher wages, then I am sure time will come when he looks for outside help.
The TV money has gone up so much that you can get a decent team without running at a loss, so I don't see why outside investment would be necessary.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
Is it up to the clubs, or do the FA get a say? I can't believe it's simply whatever the club owners want, or it would be quite likely to happen.

But UEFA would have to accept clubs from that league into the Champions League etc.

I would imagine if they went ahead with a European Super League they would essentially be sticking two fingers up at UEFA and just replace it!

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006

And all players in this league would not be playing in the champions league,or playing in internationals,the power will always be with the FA,Uefa and Fifa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here