Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else missing Greg Halford's long throws?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
All this passing, dribbling, scoring and winning stuff is FINE, but does it eclipse the highlight of last season, namely Halford's fifty-yard two-handed LUZZES into the near post?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is up with NSC? Have some of you started drinking early?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm missing Gary Gardner's unparralelled ability to receive the ball, turn 180 degrees and pass five feet to whoever is standing in front of him.

Pass accuracy of under 60% but such a high risk strategy won't work all the time.

Is he playing tonight btw?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not Greg Halford maybe (although he did a job for s at the time), but a long-throw expert would be handy to give us another attacking dimension.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why not remodel ourselves on Stoke City from a few years ago, all players at lease 6'3' hoof football with the aim of getting a throw in anywhere in the attacking half and pushing everyone into the penalty box/

No doubt a joy for those in the upper stands, but we don't need it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why not remodel ourselves on Stoke City from a few years ago, all players at lease 6'3' hoof football with the aim of getting a throw in anywhere in the attacking half and pushing everyone into the penalty box/
Let's not live in the past, that style of football is dilapidated.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Better than Bruno's cringeworthy attempts at long throws. Massive run up and it goes about 5 feet. Luckily he seems to have stopped that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We neither need or would I like to see us resorting to long throws. Pin point crosses from the wid men are much more beneficial.unless the throw can find a mans head at or near the far post which is unusual

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm missing Gary Gardner's unparralelled ability to receive the ball, turn 180 degrees and pass five feet to whoever is standing in front of him.

Pass accuracy of under 60% but such a high risk strategy won't work all the time.

Is he playing tonight btw?

Most likely, and you can now guarantee he'll have a good game, following this thread.

el punal

All this passing, dribbling, scoring and winning stuff is FINE, but does it eclipse the highlight of last season, namely Halford's fifty-yard two-handed LUZZES into the near post?

And did we actually score from this highlight that you so describe? I think I'll stick with the 2015/16 vintage - much more enjoyable.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m more intrigued by the child’s bike he’s thrown out !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here