Optimistic or realistic?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Banned

0 Not allowed!
      were loose
      Banned

1 Not allowed!
      for each of the final 6 games i predict one team will win whilst the other team will lose. unless it's a draw in which case neither team will win.

0 Not allowed!
      For the final eight games my 16 point prediction was

Burnley D
      Birmingham L
      Forest W
      QPR W
      Fulham W
      Charlton W
      Derby W
      Boro L

We're three points ahead at the moment but a resurgent Derby might put paid to that.

0 Not allowed!
      Actually that wasn't a prediction, it was a dream.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhafcforever View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      For me:
      Forest w
      Fulham w
      Qpr w
      Charlton w
      Derby w
      Boro d

Optimistic or realistic?
      Our form over the games since Cardiff away suggest those results are possible if we can keep it up. But, a mixture of bad refs/decisions, injuries & deflected or flukey goals can always derail a good run. We always bounce back though, our resilience maybe the deciding factor.

Fulham is a tough fixture for me. They have two brilliant strikers and have won their last three games although they'll be missing their midfield fulcrum against us.
      :guitar:

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
      For the final eight games my 16 point prediction was

Burnley D
      Birmingham L
      Forest W
      QPR W
      Fulham W
      Charlton W
      Derby W
      Boro L

We're three points ahead at the moment but a resurgent Derby might put paid to that.
      I'm hoping a resurgent Derby will play into our hands. With Charlton and Bristol City away next for them, then Wednesday at home, got to hope their play off spot is completely secured prior to them coming to us on the 2nd. They're then thinking about the play offs with their foot off the gas.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm out. Last time I predicted 6 wins over Xmas.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I said some time ago that we had to win the 5 vs MKD, Reading, Fulham, QPR and Charlton and pick up at least 3-4 against Burnley, Brum and Forest to even have a sniff over the final 2 games.
      A result tonight leaves us ahead of that schedule, but with Derby and Boro finding good form, the last 2 games look harder than they did a couple of weeks back and the points required for top 2 have probably increased, so I think we need the win tonight and then to battle out wins in the next 3 as well.
      Even then we're hoping for Burnley to come a cropper in at least 2 of their next 3, and for Hull to not win at least one of their next 4 - but if, if, if that all happens, Derby may just become a "win and we're up" scenario....
      FWIW, I actually think we'll get 9-10 points from the next 4, and will probably need to win vs Derby to have more than a puncher's chance on the last day.
      "I'm glad they lost, 'cos if they'd 've won I'd 've been all happy. I hate being happy"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      I'm hoping a resurgent Derby will play into our hands. With Charlton and Bristol City away next for them, then Wednesday at home, got to hope their play off spot is completely secured prior to them coming to us on the 2nd. They're then thinking about the play offs with their foot off the gas.
      I wouldn't like to predict what our team's approach would be under those circumstances, or to be honest whether they'd turn up on the day. Whilst the last 2 home games have seen a return to the kind of attacking verve which was the trademark of McClaren's reign, and the players do appear to be enjoying their football again, it's only the weekend before last that they put in a limp performance at Cardiff, so no-one's getting ahead of themselves just yet. The next two games are away and if this week's form continues, I can see the manager wanting them to keep the momentum going. As it is, I'd quite like to have the chance to gain revenge on Boro or Burnley by beating them in the play-offs, so hopefully we'll not do too much damage to your promotion hopes whatever happens.