Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How's 2016 going for you?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yesterday was the 100th day of 2016 so we're not far off being a third of the way through this year already. How's it going for you?

Not so bad here so far - I'm significantly happier since leaving work. I'd like to think this makes me a bit more fun to be around and so, makes those around me a bit happier too.

I'm slowly getting my health/fitness back into order again, having stopped running and started being a pig, primarily due to work-related stresses.

The Albion has a massive tick in the box, obviously and has been a course of great joy and, dare I say it, pride.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am leaving my job soon as well. This makes me happy, as do other plans that me and Mrs Mahone have made for the future.

2016 has been great so far, and I expect it to get better.

As you say, the Albion's performances have helped, too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've had worse years.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lost my job, had to leave my home and am now single. The excitement of the football season has been a wonderful anesthetic. Not that I'm that worried, new beginnings and all that. I'm quite content in a bizarre way.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think there are usually good and bad things happening to most people most of the time. Personally I try to always be thankful for the good stuff whilst trusting for the bad stuff to work out for the best.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Football fantastic and home life steady which is ace. Bowie dying actually really spun me out, but apart from that good. Thanks for asking

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Job is ok, running is a bit shite due to injury but might have found the root of the problem, loving watching the Albion, kids doing well, can't seem to lose the stone I need to drop but that's mainly due to eating and drinking too much. Only major blot is my dad being pretty ill. I'm 50 soon but don't feel like it. Grateful for what I have

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pretty poor to be honest. A lot of changes at work in a sales role which has meant having to rebuild a customer base from scratch. Been a bit lucky and may change but earning fair bit less than last year!

Also suffered 2 family deaths over Easter which has meant in starting and ending this week with family funerals.

Here's to Albion promotion, England to win the Euros and a lovely warm summer

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
After the nightmare that was 2014/2015, 2016 has started very well.

Obviously the Albion are a big part of this.

Enjoying work at present (although ridiculously busy). Started playing outdoor football and have scored 3 in two matches including a 35 yarder into the top left corner and the winner with 5 minutes to go yesterday. (can hardly walk this morning)

Started playing music again with some friends which always makes me happy.

Kids are having a good year and things are generally positive in the Fish household.

We have even welcomed a new member, a Bredli python names Bobby after our own Zamora.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Working nearer home than my paper round in 85 was, is a big plus . The Albion are another big plus on the pitch getting invited to press and other things. But fitness, weight gain and general aches amd pains are a concern. A payout from the Pru due to a potentially mis advised serps opt out back in 91 could gee things up a bit.
That and Westwood winning tonight

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Shortly to become a Grandad for the first time ...in fact I could be one already as daughter went into labour earlier today...and that will make my year no matter what the Albion do.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Awful. In a job I hate, getting rejected by every job I apply for in the field I actually want to work for. Even apply for entry level jobs, interview goes well, get really good feedback but they give the usual it was a competitive process and we got someone with more experience...but no one will even give me the experience to begin with!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Things are up and down, mainly positive though

Positives are the Albion doing so well this season, going to as many games this season than I have done previously with at least 3 more games that I'll be going to and hopefully more this season. Also I have a good bunch of mates who I see regularly and have found a girl and that we both have mutual feelings but will wait and see where that goes. I also have a good bit of money in the bank now compared to the last few years where I've been well and truly skint.

Downs are that I'm still unhappy at work and still trying to find something better, also the depression gets the better of me some days but I'm usually back to my normal self in a couple of days.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Things are up and down, mainly positive though

Positives are the Albion doing so well this season, going to as many games this season than I have done previously with at least 3 more games that I'll be going to and hopefully more this season. Also I have a good bunch of mates who I see regularly and have found a girl and that we both have mutual feelings but will wait and see where that goes. I also have a good bit of money in the bank now compared to the last few years where I've been well and truly skint.

Downs are that I'm still unhappy at work and still trying to find something better, also the depression gets the better of me some days but I'm usually back to my normal self in a couple of days.

Glad to hear things are looking up for your RM. Hang in their mate and enjoy each and every little victory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here