Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomorrow -Kit

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Sorry if fixtures, but bearing in mind we have worn both home and yellow in recent seasons, any ideas on tomorrow?
Affects my choice of lucky socks.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sorry if fixtures, but bearing in mind we have worn both home and yellow in recent seasons, any ideas on tomorrow?
Affects my choice of lucky socks.

In a normal situation, BG's response wouldn't be unreasonable. However, given where we are in the league, and the importance of a good result tomorrow, you have a duty to choose the correct lucky socks. Phone the club in the morning and ask them. Dress accordingly.

While we're at it: get a grip - in future you need to remember which socks go with which kit.

*nods*

jon.rutter

Oct 7, 2014
Unless I'm mistaken they wore the yellow every away game through the unbeaten run and then switched. When we switched back to the yellow again we've remained unbeaten.
I reckon it's 99.99% certain well wear the lucky yellow.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unless I'm mistaken they wore the yellow every away game through the unbeaten run and then switched. When we switched back to the yellow again we've remained unbeaten.

They had to wear blue & white at Hull because of City's gold in their home kit.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

They lost at Rotherham in the volt kit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Pretty sure like all professional clubs that players get a new shirt for every game.
So what happens to the match shirts once worn?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pretty sure like all professional clubs that players get a new shirt for every game.
I would be very surprised if that is correct for clubs below the Premier epecially Div 1 and 2 and how does the club justify that expenditure under FFP and what use is a Brighton shirt with a -layers name on it ither than as a prize or souvenier. Many years ago I organised a charity mstch and askd BHA for a set of shirts and was told they are used by the first team then handed down to reserves and then as training shirts etc, that was pre players named shirts.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would be very surprised if that is correct for clubs below the Premier epecially Div 1 and 2 and how does the club justify that expenditure under FFP and what use is a Brighton shirt with a -layers name on it ither than as a prize or souvenier. Many years ago I organised a charity mstch and askd BHA for a set of shirts and was told they are used by the first team then handed down to reserves and then as training shirts etc, that was pre players named shirts.

Do you seriously think the cost of a kit is going to breach the FFP rules? I doubt it even accounts for 0.1% of the clubs total expenditure.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

This is a Championship football club. They pay for the players to stay overnight in hotels prior to every single away game, even the ones in London or the South East. They have a commercial deal with Nike worth a fortune relative to previous deals.

They aren't going to worry about chucking a few shirts away. Whilst I doubt they replace them with brand new ones every single match, they probably get supplied with twenty for each player for all we know. It's not like it'll cost Nike a fortune, given what they cost to make...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is a Championship football club. They pay for the players to stay overnight in hotels prior to every single away game, even the ones in London or the South East. They have a commercial deal with Nike worth a fortune relative to previous deals.

They aren't going to worry about chucking a few shirts away. Whilst I doubt they replace them with brand new ones every single match, they probably get supplied with twenty for each player for all we know. It's not like it'll cost Nike a fortune, given what they cost to make...
But with only one shirt each the club could have shaved a couple of grand off last seasons £23,000,000 player budget.

If I were TB I'd also insist the office staff cut each post-it note in half, double the value half the cost.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you seriously think the cost of a kit is going to breach the FFP rules? I doubt it even accounts for 0.1% of the clubs total expenditure.

They obviously get them wholesale a whole lot cheaper than they sell 'em for in the club shop then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here