Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Fear for Bolton's Survival

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
crazy really,wasn't that long ago they were playing Athletico Madrid & Bayern Munich

next season could be playing Accrington Stanley

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
They won't just disappear into oblivion.

The realisation of what has befallen them will focus others to seize the moment.

They may very well be going down to League 1 or beyond but everything has a price and a knight in shining armour will be attracted and will emerge !

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Don't. They will be back. It is an incredible story of capitalism inverted how entities that are basket cases financially never die. I have long ceased the smug 'glad I don't support them' post 1997 feeling as somehow football clubs are the ultimate Phoenix.

I hereby predict that Pompey will beat us in the next few seasons...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blackpool are in the greatest danger. The Oystons have taken every penny out of the club (allegedly) and are letting it drop like a stone through the leagues.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
crazy really,wasn't that long ago they were playing Athletico Madrid & Bayern Munich

A good 5 years in the top 8 of the PL, shocking demise of a great club

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Blackpool are in the greatest danger. The Oystons have taken every penny out of the club (allegedly) and are letting it drop like a stone through the leagues.

Yet still have managed to win three of last five (admittedly two against fellow relegation candidates), and are now battling realistically to save themselves from being the fourth to go down. Would be well clear if they had beaten Colchester today. Remarkable how a club that is so unloved by its owner has the resilience to put up a fight,

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't give a sh*t (to be honest)

Which is a shame when we consider what we went through all those years ago. There will be folk who are feeling the same pain. I hope they survive.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Agreed. They have a board in place that would rather let the club fold than hand it over to the fans. They appear to be taking a gleeful delight in ruining Blackpool.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

Accrington Stanley - Who are they? They rose back from the abyss.

I'm sure Bolton will rise again, but they act as another warning, as they add to the list of clubs that try to live beyond their means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here