Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rotherham: A force to be reckoned with next season?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Under Neil Warnock's tenure the mighty Rotherham have just recorded their sixth win out of eleven games, winning 4-0 away today at MK Dons. These have included wins against Middlesboro and Sheffield Wednesday and a draw against Derby, accumulating 21 points out of 33 since February 13th which is only one point less than us.
If we're still in the Championship next season should we be fearing the likes of Villa, Newcastle or Sunderland when we have Rotherham to contend with?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Colin has done very well . . .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Say what you like about him, he's a bloody good motivator and he knows how to get a poor team out of a hole. In fact watching the Burnley game earlier and that ginger tosser Dyche (Barbara from League of Gentleman), I'd have Colin over him every day of the week. Do Boro or Burnley still have to play Rovveram?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He has worked nothing short of a minor miracle there - in fact change that to major miracle - he's even getting goals out of Leon Best! (albeit a pen). :lolol:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He has worked nothing short of a minor miracle there - in fact change that to major miracle - he's even getting goals out of Leon Best! (albeit a pen). :lolol:

It was a brace from Best that got them a draw against Derby. Anyone who can get a good performance from Leon Best deserves some sort of admiration.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very impressive turnaround, hard to believe he is still managing at this level. Warnock's Notts County bullied and out thought and out fought us all those years ago in a playoff final defeat., with the help of a first goal that came from a corner that should have been a goal kick :smile:

25 years ago and it still hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkZIAFUY-o

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always said if we didnt have CH as manager or he was poached by Villa I would be happy to have Neil Warnock, a very experienced manager with great knowledge of this division.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Not contenders but he'll certainly have them well motivated to not be in the same position again. Excellent motivator but bit of a tactical dinosaur. Works well at a small chip on shoulder northern club for a period of time and keeping them up will give him immense satisfaction.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have always said if we didnt have CH as manager or he was poached by Villa I would be happy to have Neil Warnock, a very experienced manager with great knowledge of this division.

The thumbs down button needs to be reintroduced for posts like this.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

The Championship manager I'd like if we didn't have CH is David Wagner at Huddersfield - his players will either implode under his tactics or challenge for promotion next season. It could be the latter.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Blimey BG, it's not like you to live in the past.

If it was down to you we'd not only have the oldest squad in the league we'd have a geriatric manager as well. Maybe Harry Redknapp as DoF too? Could do a (really shit) job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here