Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out of automatic promotion if we don't beat forest

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burnley have 3 tough fixtures coming up. They can't play as badly as they did today and keep getting results. Hopefully they're on the brink of 3 straight defeats meaning a loss or draw on Monday won't be a disaster.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Alternatively we could be if we win Monday and Friday 2nd at worst and pressure will then be on Burnley and Boro for the weekend.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Be a bit of an anti climax to start waving the white flag now?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We need to start catching the top two up....and it starts on Monday

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought we had blown the playoffs during our poor run and I thought we had blown auto with Burnley's late equaliser. Fortunately this squad keep proving me wrong...long may it continue, well for another six games

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If we don't win on Monday we will be less likely to finish top 2 that's all.

I think the top 6 and bottom 3 will not change in composition now. Yeah I know, Bolton are down and Bumley & Boro can't finish lower than 6th but you know what I mean.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Absolutely not. Burnley were very lucky today, Vokes got injured and they still have to play Boro - this team definitely won't give up until it is mathematically impossible.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The thing which particularly encourages me is that, despite Burnley grinding out draws recently (other than today), they are are on an unbeaten run of 18 or thereby so hopefully someone is going to burst their bubble some time soon !

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What do you think?

Still on target if

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...n-Calculator&p=7353495&viewfull=1#post7353495

It really relies on Boro wobbling twice and then we have to beat them at their place.

Still the weekends results made all our other games (apart from Boro) friendlies as they have nothing to play for, none of them. A few weeks ago and they all looked incredibly hard. But the same applies to Boro and Burnley, although they have to play each other.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
We won`t be in it if we win either.

There are 18 points still to play for and we're five points behind the leader with a game in hand. I've been seeing threads like this for months now! We've got an incredibly resilient squad and most of our players are fit now.

Of course we're still in the mix....

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
I think a defeat would all but end our automatic hopes, clearly not impossible but with the points difference I think we would need to win the remaining five and just can't see that happening. On the flip side though as someone said earlier if we win our next 2 then that heaps the pressure on Burnley and Boro next weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here