Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Maguire-Drew

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Is it his full debut (senior level)? Quite a start if so.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Let's not get too excited. It's good that a youngster can score goals for fun in senior football, but this is the 8th tier of English football.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
He looks a bit good, nice touch, good movement, took his goals well. One for the the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The next Jake Robinson anyone??

Hopefully more successful than that - it's about time we started getting more youngsters coming through who can hold down a first team place, not just as a 'promising youngster' (who ultimately doesn't quite make it) but as a real first team star.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hopefully more successful than that - it's about time we started getting more youngsters coming through who can hold down a first team place, not just as a 'promising youngster' (who ultimately doesn't quite make it) but as a real first team star.

Like Cox, Lynch, Harding, Elphick, El Abd, Dunk and March?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I know a bit about him, he for me is the stand out player from our youngest players, he has a decent (in length) contract I think another couple of years, but undoubtedly the club cooled on him (they would never say it|) and Tilley seemed to leapfrog him and he now finds himself at Worthing.

Strangely he has not really figured in the DS recently although he did when he was a schoolboy and soon became a regular squad member but was recently squirted out.

If he continues his progress the club can quickly re-introduce him and tell the world they were nurturing him, but they werent, I am not sure whether its a good thing to go out on loan so young to a fairly average Sussex senior club, one thing worth noting that the Irish players seem to stay with the DS team so I suspect if I was a player I would feel slightly worried.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like Cox, Lynch, Harding, Elphick, El Abd, Dunk and March?

No, I don't mean players who come through but are passed on to lower level clubs, which most of those were. Dunk's no teenage sensation either. Only Elphick's career has progressed since leaving here.
I'm talking about TOP level youngsters, able to shine at the highest level when 17 or 18 - the Michael Owens, Wayne Rooneys, Walcotts, Oxlade Chamerlains, etc. Not journeymen who scrub about the second or third division. Solly March might make it, but even he's three years too old to be an eighteen-year old star.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
BigGully;7358246[he said:
is the stand out player from our youngest players, he has a decent (in length) contract I think another couple of years, but undoubtedly the club cooled on him (they would never say it|) ....

Strangely he has not really figured in the DS recently although he did when he was a schoolboy and soon became a regular squad member but was recently squirted out.
If he continues his progress the club can quickly re-introduce him and tell the world they were nurturing him, but they werent,

There's about 5 accusations here in your short post completely unwarranted.

- "strangely" he's not appeared in the DS recently
- he's been "squirted out" of the club and the club "cooled on him"
- the club "weren't nurturing him"
- its not a good thing to go on loan to a "fairly average Sussex senior club"
- If you were him "i would feel slightly worried"

blimey BG - you really aren't keen on the youth set up at the Albion are you ?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
No, I don't mean players who come through but are passed on to lower level clubs, which most of those were. Dunk's no teenage sensation either. Only Elphick's career has progressed since leaving here.
I'm talking about TOP level youngsters, able to shine at the highest level when 17 or 18 - the Michael Owens, Wayne Rooneys, Walcotts, Oxlade Chamerlains, etc. Not journeymen who scrub about the second or third division. Solly March might make it, but even he's three years too old to be an eighteen-year old star.

Now here is a man who talks sense. With our development set up, getting an Owen, Rooney, Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain should be the LEAST we get through next year ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here