Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cool or awesome

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Driving home from work the other night in auto pilot just started thinking about some random stuff and thought is it better to be awesome or cool.For me it has to be cool its been round since I can remember and awesome seems to be quite a new phenomenon.i asked my7 year old son this morning on his take and he said cool all day long.so I thought id put it out there and any other words you can think of my son said to me sweet or sick.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Hot is better than cool, surely?

Good shout but cool edges it I think just thought of another the yanks like neat not sure they still say it but late 80s it was quite common in many a film gremlins ect...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it would indeed be better to be awesome, but its overused term on massive scale with the most trivial comment or act labeled "awesome" when mere agreement is meant.

cool on the other hand by definition is understated, so can get away with mis-use.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They mean different things. Cool can mean you're a dude, or it can just mean you're calm and not over emotional. If you're awesome then you're great. It's better to be awesome. Kayal isn't cool, he's awesome. Bruno is both.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Awesome is an overused word to describe trivial stuff

Erupting volcanoes and tsunamis are the sort of things that are awesome. Peppermint ****ing lattes aren't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here