Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springsteen Cancels North Carolina Show

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bruce and the band were supposed to be playing in Greensboro, NC this weekend, but have cancelled the show as a protest against the state's anti-LGBT laws. I've always been a big Boss fan and am even more of one now. :thumbsup:

Full statement from Springsteen:

As you, my fans, know I’m scheduled to play in Greensboro, North Carolina this Sunday. As we also know, North Carolina has just passed HB2, which the media are referring to as the “bathroom” law. HB2 — known officially as the Public Facilities Privacy and Security Act — dictates which bathrooms transgender people are permitted to use. Just as important, the law also attacks the rights of LGBT citizens to sue when their human rights are violated in the workplace. No other group of North Carolinians faces such a burden. To my mind, it’s an attempt by people who cannot stand the progress our country has made in recognizing the human rights of all of our citizens to overturn that progress. Right now, there are many groups, businesses, and individuals in North Carolina working to oppose and overcome these negative developments. Taking all of this into account, I feel that this is a time for me and the band to show solidarity for those freedom fighters. As a result, and with deepest apologies to our dedicated fans in Greensboro, we have canceled our show scheduled for Sunday, April 10th. Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them. It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards.

Good bloke I agree. The trans bigotry is a really weird one because it's just as likely to come from the left as the right these days. Shameful.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Lets hope this law is overturned quickly. With this type of legislation no wonder Trump is not seen as an idiot to most Americans

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's astonishing that in the 'land of the free' so many are happy to not just oppose homosexuality but persecute people for it.

Transgender issues are even more problematic. Seems to be the last acceptable prejudice. Even here in Brighton amongst some in the gay community. A long way to go yet.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well Done Him. Not a fan of his music though.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Love 'The Boss' for making a stand!
Wish more rock/pop stars stood up for something!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What is this bathroom bill exactly?

It's a bill that North Carolina has passed that says people can only use a public toilet that matches the gender on their birth certificate.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It's a bill that North Carolina has passed that says people can only use a public toilet that matches the gender on their birth certificate.

Surely its the gender in their pants that matters. If it applies to preop as well though I totally agree with it, can just imagine some pervo putting on a dress to get into the women's changing rooms.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Surely its the gender in their pants that matters. If it applies to preop as well though I totally agree with it, can just imagine some pervo putting on a dress to get into the women's changing rooms.

I'm sure North Carolina will welcome you with open arms with an idiotic view like that.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
So you think it's OK for someone with male genitalia to use women's toilets/changing rooms.

Of course. And equally the other way round as well. I recommend you don't go to the bar at MyHotel, it's a shared toilets - my god, how do people cope ? The raping, pillaging and general perving are remarkable :facepalm:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Of course. And equally the other way round as well. I recommend you don't go to the bar at MyHotel, it's a shared toilets - my god, how do people cope ? The raping, pillaging and general perving are remarkable :facepalm:

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. I come from a time when people with meat and two veg used the men's facilities.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Respect

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I heard someone giving a presentation a few weeks ago about modern day prophets who don't necessarily have anything to do with religion. Bruce Springsteen was one of them. Top bloke - if Americans can be blokes.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Typical leftist claptrap. Why doesn't he protest about something that really matters? Well done North Carolina. Hopefully the state also has a ban on gay couples adopting children and on gay couples getting married.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here