Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any tips for the Grand National?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I am going to put a small e/w on Aachen, only because it is my nag on the NSC Sweepstake - other than that it's unlikely to get round.

I shall bet on the favourite and probably two or three other horses. Any tips?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
If it stays and gets round "silveniaco conti" will take all the beating

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Since it's a bit of a lottery, Albion links:

£2 e/w Aachen

£2 e/w Gallant Oscar

£2 e/w Boston Bob Booker

£2 e/w Just a Parra

£2 e/w Rule the World.

That's me score done.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I am going to put a small e/w on Aachen, only because it is my nag on the NSC Sweepstake - other than that it's unlikely to get round.

I shall bet on the favourite and probably two or three other horses. Any tips?

Don't do that. Might be last year's winner. And no horse ever repeats the feat (yeah, I know, except Red Rum)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Don't do that. Might be last year's winner. And no horse ever repeats the feat (yeah, I know, except Red Rum)

Many Clouds is only 5lb worse off than last year and we know he can lump a big weight around Aintree. If any horse can repeat the feat, he stands a better chance than most. I can see him going off at 5s and is a trade to nothing at present.

Druids nephew was going well when tipping up last year. Likewise, Soll was going well before he burst a blood vessel. Whilst he is getting on a bit, I've seen worse 50-1 shots.

That all said, very difficult to pick the winner. The compressed handicap, classier fields and lower fences mean you could argue a case for well over half the field.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Many Clouds is only 5lb worse off than last year and we know he can lump a big weight around Aintree. If any horse can repeat the feat, he stands a better chance than most. I can see him going off at 5s and is a trade to nothing at present.

Druids nephew was going well when tipping up last year. Likewise, Soll was going well before he burst a blood vessel. Whilst he is getting on a bit, I've seen worse 50-1 shots.

That all said, very difficult to pick the winner. The compressed handicap, classier fields and lower fences mean you could argue a case for well over half the field.

Agreed, Many Clouds is a top class horse and has a favourite's chance.
Last year's 2nd. Saint Are, has had a wind op and could be thrown in running of a mark of 146.
Anyway I'm sure someone will pop up on this thread just after half five tomorrow to tell us all the winner.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Aachen has only ever won in small fields, the reason for this is that he like to get his own way in front which helps his sometimes suspect jumping. He won't get either of these two things tomorrow. The soft ground will help tomorrow but his best win is a grade 3 handicap off a mark of 123, it's a big ask for 12yo to beat horses like Many Clouds and Silviniaco Conti who've won off 166 and 177 respectively.
Having said that I've had a tickle at 300 win and 34 place on the machine

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Aachen is an awful lot better than 100/1. I have had £5 ew but have covered that with £5 ew on Last Samuri.

If Aachen comes in then promotion is nailed on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A couple of bob ew on Soll (@50/1).

He usually gets round.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Agreed, Many Clouds is a top class horse and has a favourite's chance.
Last year's 2nd. Saint Are, has had a wind op and could be thrown in running of a mark of 146.
Anyway I'm sure someone will pop up on this thread just after half five tomorrow to tell us all the winner.

More chance, I agree, than someone popping to say their horse fell at the first or came 6th.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
A few bob on The Last Samuri and my Sweep horse and a a few bob on a false start , modern tec has still not quite come up with a solution to let go of a giant elastic band so thats easy money .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Holywell is my tip.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Took 33s on Goonyella a couple of months back, but probably won't be quite soft enough for him tomorrow. The field is too open to tip anything with any degree of certainty, though you do feel as the classiest horse if Many Clouds isn't hampered he'll be right there at the finish. 7/1 too short for a National horse for me though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
More chance, I agree, than someone popping to say their horse fell at the first or came 6th.

There should be a permanent ban for aftertiming, complete scumbags - especially the ones who post a screenshot like that makes it ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here