Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurants in Arundel

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Never visited, so thought I'd treat the OH. Booked into the Swan Hotel for Saturday night. Was hoping for some eating recommendations from the font of all knowledge that is NSC. Neither of us like Chinese and she isn't that keen on Indian, other than that, we'll try anything

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We went to an Italian which was upstairs on the hill going up from The Swan, which was very good but it was about 3 years ago and may have changed hands or chef, as many do.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Never visited, so thought I'd treat the OH. Booked into the Swan Hotel for Saturday night. Was hoping for some eating recommendations from the font of all knowledge that is NSC. Neither of us like Chinese and she isn't that keen on Indian, other than that, we'll try anything
Arundel is blessed with a few really good eateries.
The Swan's better than OK but depending on your budget... there are a few better options. The Bay Tree in Tarrant Street has great Brit food, The TownHouse up the High Street is superb but maybe a little expensive and worth every penny. A new place called The Parson's Table, again in Tarrant St, is new and tasty. If you like Indian...The Indian Gate is exceptional but again a bit more expensive than normal curry houses...but superb. You are spoilt for choice

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
...and you've got Pizza Express and Prezzo...both in nice settings and both normal franchise food

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Arundel is blessed with a few really good eateries.
The Swan's better than OK but depending on your budget... there are a few better options. The Bay Tree in Tarrant Street has great Brit food, The TownHouse up the High Street is superb but maybe a little expensive and worth every penny. A new place called The Parson's Table, again in Tarrant St, is new and tasty. If you like Indian...The Indian Gate is exceptional but again a bit more expensive than normal curry houses...but superb. You are spoilt for choice
That's great thanks very much. Hopefully get down there for a late Saturday lunch so will try a couple of those

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...and you've got Pizza Express and Prezzo...both in nice settings and both normal franchise food
What's Pappardelle's like these days.

I'd hate to think how many years have past since I was last in there.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
I recommend the George and Dragon at Burpham .Three miles out of Arundel but need a car to get there.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Black Rabbit is awful now. Lovely for a drink outside, overlooking the river, but the service and food is not good. The pub in Burpham is so pretentious- I'd avoid it.

The BR's recently changed manager and the new guys really drilling things into shape. There's been some new additions to the menu too. The difficulty with the BR is it's so weather dependent and that makes it difficult to plan shifts adequately.

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
The Bay Tree is absolutely superb. Lovely people, great food and a very welcoming atmosphere ....and recently the wine list has been updated and is now very very good.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As you're prepared to drive you could try Bailiffs Court in Climping. I can guarantee Mrs C will be impressed.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Been lurking on NSC on and off for years, but wanted to say thank you for the generous comments about our food at The Swan - I'm the Head Chef and a North Stand Season ticket holder.
I also agree the food at The George and The Townhouse are excellent, and hope Crookie had a good time wherever he ended up

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Been lurking on NSC on and off for years, but wanted to say thank you for the generous comments about our food at The Swan - I'm the Head Chef and a North Stand Season ticket holder.
I also agree the food at The George and The Townhouse are excellent, and hope Crookie had a good time wherever he ended up
Had a lovely lunch at the Swan, and breakfast as that's where we stayed. Had dinner at the Bay Tree which was fantastic as well.We'll definitely be back. Thanks all for the advice

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here