Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Friday Tory Bashing Thread ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All in this together my arse.

Bye bye David :wave:

Don't say me and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] didn't warn you.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It's Friday, the sun is out, we are on the cusp of the joining the football elite but you and your cronies are just waiting in the shadows to jump on anything that comes by to moan about . :yawn::yawn:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's Friday, the sun is out, we are on the cusp of the joining the football elite but you and your cronies are just waiting in the shadows to jump on anything that comes by to moan about . :yawn::yawn:

Exactly, it's Friday, the sun is out, I'm feeling quite chipper......so let's also have a bit of Tory bashing as well. It all fits together quite well I think.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
All in this together my arse.

Bye bye David :wave:

Don't say me and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] didn't warn you.

Agree with your sentiment but this won't mean bye bye David or bye bye Tories. People will vote according to the political KPIs - unemployment, inflation, interest rates (ie 'the economy' which doesn't mean the 'deficit' though it should), tax (as it affects 'me' rather than altruistic ideas of equality) and pensions. The Tories are strong on all these points. The majority of people do not expect to like the Tories and the current headlines will reinforce that view but it doesn't = votes against them.

I suspect the election will be decided by the strength of the opposition and whether Labour offer a credible alternative to the KPIs above. JC needs to step up and start the narrative

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Agree with your sentiment but this won't mean bye bye David or bye bye Tories. People will vote according to the political KPIs - unemployment, inflation, interest rates (ie 'the economy' which doesn't mean the 'deficit' though it should), tax (as it affects 'me' rather than altruistic ideas of equality) and pensions. The Tories are strong on all these points. The majority of people do not expect to like the Tories and the current headlines will reinforce that view but it doesn't = votes against them.

I suspect the election will be decided by the strength of the opposition and whether Labour offer a credible alternative to the KPIs above. JC needs to step up and start the narrative

If Corbyn could pull himself together, really distance himself from the New Labour DICKHEADS and link up these various tax avoidance schemes with the cuts to the NHS, police etc them we might get somewhere. But he isn't, so we won't.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Their walls are starting to crumble......

article-2285779-184A04EA000005DC-683_634x400.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there really was no need for this thread, they are and will be bashing themselves, unless Mr slippery goes then it will be all calm and heads back in the trough.
and HT stop pinching my temporary signature
bye dave :wave:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

its friday all is well
my job is done here:)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Yet labour has the better record on the economy.

I know that doesn't fit the established narrative. Even I was surprised to find it was true.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Anyone who remembers the crumbling Tory John Major government in the 1990's will recognise that is going get a lot worse under the Cameron administration.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
People will vote according to the political KPIs - unemployment, inflation, interest rates (ie 'the economy' which doesn't mean the 'deficit' though it should), tax (as it affects 'me' rather than altruistic ideas of equality) and pensions. The Tories are strong on all these points. The majority of people do not expect to like the Tories and the current headlines will reinforce that view but it doesn't = votes against them.

not seen it put in sch terms, but that really sums it up. Cameron isnt going anywhere until after the Referndum, at which point he'll go if we vote out, stay if we vote in. other than that, we are going to have a Conservative government until 2020, no matter how bad they do. then its up to Labour to put forward a convincing alternative, which they have failed at the last couple of times, and win back the Scots somehow along the way.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

There are more political threads than football threads at the moment.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
yes,yes it might be legal
but is it moral?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports