Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ernie els

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Takes a 10 on the first hole of the masters

7 putted from about a foot!

I can better that...I once took a 17 on a hole after chipping into a pond three times and then 4 putting!

Anyone putted seven times?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When I seen his name on this board, I thought, he must be dead. Usually if its the name of someone not connected to football, they are dead.

Sorry Ernie, may you have a long and healthy life

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Anyone putted seven times?[/QUOTE]

Six putted on the 4th at Royal Porthcawl, Par 3 -- 215 yards long.............I hit a fine drive into the wind (5 wood) about 2 yards onto the front edge of the green, I was around 25 foot from the pin which was located on the top tier of the (very difficult) green, the first 3 putts all came back to within 1 foot of the original first putt position, the 5th shot ended up around 2 yards from the original position, the 6th just managed to stay on the top tier, where i was left with a difficult 4 footer for a 7 on a par 3, my 7th shot was made a tad more difficult as the two friends i was playing with were both on the fringe literally crying with laughter!! I sunk the 7th shot.

I was playing off a 4 handicap at the time!! ......................just a note, but I actually managed to shoot a 5 over par for the whole round, so I did recover, Royal Porthcawl is probably one of the hardest courses I have ever played (and i've played most of them over the years) you stand on the 1st tee and its looks fine............trust me...IT'S NOT!! but a lovely course to play, I have played that course many times (live quite close to it, not a member, know members though) and every time it proposes different / difficult situations, the wind so much dictates, go off the fairway and your always in deep trouble!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here