Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beram Kayal's market value

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
What would you say our Israeli hero is worth in today's market?

I appreciate that we don't know exactly how much the club paid for him from Celtic but I think it's reasonable to suggest that whatever we paid, we got excellent value, and that value has only gone up since.

Is there a price at which you'd cave and just take the money or is the guy's value to our team just immeasurable right now?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He can't even get in our first team, only plays when others are injured. Can't see other clubs being interested. If it wasn't for Kayal's mistakes we'd be top. etc

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
He is absolutely garbage no other team should even bother looking at him let allow offer money.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He is cack, he can't score and he is always getting banned. Lucky we have a large injury list because he wouldn't get near first team football if Ince, JFC , Crofts were fully fit. He will be lucky to go out on loan to Crawley Town next season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We bought him on spec given he had a very bad injury, I would say around £3m at present but would be interested to know what the sell on clause is and suspect quite high

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
£7million - not selling though.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Much as everyone would love him to be worth millions I don't think you would get any more than 3 or 4 Million for him. That's still a huge jump because I think the fee was minimal. Only £150,000 rising potentially to £350,000 based on appearances.

The low fee was probably based on the fact that he was signed whilst injured and I think he had indicated to Celtic that he wasn't going to sign a new contract, so they would have eventually lost him for nothing.

I think he warrants a larger value to Brighton this year but to be honest everyone in the team has been very low profile because it always seems to be a collective effort with no real stand outs stealing the show. Everyone has played their part

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Much as everyone would love him to be worth millions I don't think you would get any more than 3 or 4 Million for him. That's still a huge jump because I think the fee was minimal. Only £150,000 rising potentially to £350,000 based on appearances.

The low fee was probably based on the fact that he was signed whilst injured and I think he had indicated to Celtic that he wasn't going to sign a new contract, so they would have eventually lost him for nothing.

I think he warrants a larger value to Brighton this year but to be honest everyone in the team has been very low profile because it always seems to be a collective effort with no real stand outs stealing the show. Everyone has played their part

I suggested a slightly lower potential value and was shouted down the other day. I still think he's more valuable to us and the way we play currently than to others. For that reason I don't imagine we would take it but if there were offers I doubt they'd be much higher than 2.5m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here