Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watching the Angela Rippon programme on tv now?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seemly if you stand up straight, cross your legs. And lower yourself down to a seated position with your arms out straight......and then stand back up without touching your arms down or legs....if you can do this, you will live to a good age! I can get down, but cannot get up again without touching my legs.....even though I do exercise and Pilates 3 times a week. Give it a go!

It's a really interesting but alarming programme and even Rippon who is in her 70's and really active has fat around her heart and liver....

So the programme is suggesting that if you want to live long, one main thing is cut out meat at least one day and cut down stress, which I suppose is a bit obvious!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
My daughter's vegan and you can still have an amazing array of delicious meals as one so I'm probably going to upgrade from vegetarian to vegan myself after watching that. As for Angela - top quality gilf.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I thought the MRI scan might discover her meat and two veg.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Interesting programme, haven't dare tried the 'sit down, stand up' for fear of breakages! Did make me think of a few things on being 60.

Bad things....physical decline (mainly my fault, I should eat less & exercise more). Memory not what it was, tendency to think I'm right and find out I'm wrong.
Good things....worry less about making a fool of myself or what others think of me. Getting older is not all bad, looking forward to when work gives me up and enjoying my time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here