Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Balmy

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember watching him have a trial with us, in a pre-season friendly against Hastings. He looked promising, but the club didn't sign him.

[tweet]718080705436205058[/tweet]

[tweet]718102566362546180[/tweet]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He had a second trial with us last season, playing for the U-21s against Luton on January 12 and again in a friendly against Southend 8 days later. The Argus reported that our interest had been put on hold until a successor to Simon Ireland had been confirmed, and Balmy joined Oxford United in February.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember watching him have a trial with us, in a pre-season friendly against Hastings. He looked promising, but the club didn't sign him.

[tweet]718080705436205058[/tweet]

[tweet]718102566362546180[/tweet]

Suspended for having a bit of fun? Seems a little harsh to me, it's not like they fired a gun at a trainee or relieved themselves in a bottle in a hospitality suite or had sex with under age girls.

Why has this post come out so weirdly?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Saw him in that friendly at Dorchester a few years ago and he was different class. Obviously hasn't kicked on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Two questions:
Firstly, is the purchase and recreational use of laughing gas illegal?
Secondly, is it on the list of banned substances for sportsmen (WDA)?

If the answer to both is 'no', then it's their business; the club might want to take issue with them about staying fit and healthy enough to play professional football, but that's all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Two questions:

If the answer to both is 'no', then it's their business; the club might want to take issue with them about staying fit and healthy enough to play professional football, but that's all.

The owners might also want to promote their club in a different light to the ones these players do?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The owners might also want to promote their club in a different light to the ones these players do?

Young men try a recreational drug? Hardly a scandal in this day and age, is it (of course, the question of legality has yet to be addressed, and will have a bearing).

Dec 29, 2011
Two questions:

I thought laughing gas became illegal once inhaled. e.g. you can possess it but if you inhale it you're breaking the law.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Two questions:

Same with Arsenal every time Jack Wilshere gets papped enjoying a sneaky fag in Vegas I guess.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought this was going to be another politics thread....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Young men try a recreational drug? Hardly a scandal in this day and age, is it (of course, the question of legality has yet to be addressed, and will have a bearing).

I agree. I was merely suggesting a reason why they got the boot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here