Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May 2 scenario

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We play Derby at the Amex at 2.30, Burnley at home to QPR at 4.45. Both games are being shown back-to-back live on Sky.

Now say if we win, and will be promoted providing Burnley lose or draw. Our game will finish at 4.30 - too late for most people to get home, or even to the pub, to see all the Burnley game. Imagine the queue for Dick's! Even the concourses wouldn't be able to accommodate 30k odd people wanting to watch it. Would the club be allowed to show it on the big screens? If so, I suppose we could just stay in our seats. Could be a really strange way to win promotion...

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think, as PB is trying to get live feed for Charlton and Boro, a third game might be one too far.

I can imagine though that there will be a big surge en masse towards the Brighton centre pubs - the place will go mental if we do it!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think, as PB is trying to get live feed for Charlton and Boro, a third game might be one too far.

I can imagine though that there will be a big surge en masse towards the Brighton centre pubs - the place will go mental if we do it!

I think most people would rather stay at the stadium, rather than rush in to Brighton to try and find a pub - but it could be a nightmare if everyone tried to watch it on the concourses. I was just thinking how odd it would be to stay in your seat after the match and watch it on the big screens (maybe they'd even allow us to drink in our seats as we wouldn't actually be watching a live game!)

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We play Derby at the Amex at 2.30, Burnley at home to QPR at 4.45. Both games are being shown back-to-back live on Sky.

Now say if we win, and will be promoted providing Burnley lose or draw. Our game will finish at 4.30 - too late for most people to get home, or even to the pub, to see all the Burnley game. Imagine the queue for Dick's! Even the concourses wouldn't be able to accommodate 30k odd people wanting to watch it. Would the club be allowed to show it on the big screens? If so, I suppose we could just stay in our seats. Could be a really strange way to win promotion...

Other than after the St Patricks Day massacre we have not been allowed to return to our seats following the game. I believe you have to let the players warm down without abuse or something. Seriously the rules governing football stadia are just ridiculous.

On another note, I know we are all getting excited after what has been a pulsating week but we have to be careful to not get into a 'please stay off the pitch so Sam and the lads can do a lap of honour' situation. Let's just see what transpires and deal with the situation at the time.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

That's irrelevant as it's on sky though, isn't it?

Think it would be a bit of a shame if this happened but I guess it's fairly likely.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

!

As the game is on Sky I cant see an issue with it being broadcast to fans on big screens as opposed to concourse TVs

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You are not allowed to drink in view of the playing area until 15mins after the match has finished.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think most people would rather stay at the stadium, rather than rush in to Brighton to try and find a pub - but it could be a nightmare if everyone tried to watch it on the concourses. I was just thinking how odd it would be to stay in your seat after the match and watch it on the big screens (maybe they'd even allow us to drink in our seats as we wouldn't actually be watching a live game!)

Sounds a bit too civilised - maybe there'll be usherettes!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You are not allowed to drink in view of the playing area until 15mins after the match has finished.

Handy then that our match finishes 15 mins or so before the other one kicks-off

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I suspect a large chunk of that 30,000 won't be so eager to hang around.

-I remember at Withdean in the final year when people didn't hang around for the lap of honour.
-A lot of people will have left on 88 minutes any way
-Some people will take the attitude it doesn't matter what the game is like, just the result, so they have 105+ minutes to get home/to a pub for the final whistle
-A lot of people just aren't that passionate about us/football to feel the need to watch a rival's game.

One wrinkle is that it's the (hopefully) last home game of the season. Will the boys be doing a lap of honor? How long will that take, will fans stay out for that, or head to the concourse for the game on tv? Will the club not put the game on the concourse to encourage support for the team, etc?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This scenario hasn't happened, let's discuss it a few days before the game.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Will the boys be doing a lap of honor?

Seagull Travel have already said that their coaches will leave 30 minutes later than usual to allow for the lap of honour.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If that Burnley game is meaningful for us, then I'll be making a mad dash into town to catch as much of it as I can in the Welly.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Be nice to have a big thank you to the players, before watching in the stadium Burnley choking and Joey having tantrum and getting a long over due red. Be a great day.
Party on the concourse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here