Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] David Brent: Life on the Road

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Office was- for me- one of the most painfully well-observed comedies I've ever seen on TV. Everything about it was just pitched perfectly, from the dialogue to the casting, to the little filler clips that emphasised the mundanity of office life (the photocopier clattering away in the corner). It was absolute watch-through-your-fingers TV, brilliantly written.

I really, really hope this lives up to it. History has shown spin-off movies don't always hit the mark. I find myself wishing this one to.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Superb. Can't watch the trailer at work, I'll have a sniff when I get home. I'm going to be ALL OVER that in August though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Superb. Can't watch the trailer at work, I'll have a sniff when I get home. I'm going to be ALL OVER that in August though.

And what are women, David?

Dec 29, 2011
The Office was- for me- one of the most painfully well-observed comedies I've ever seen on TV. Everything about it was just pitched perfectly, from the dialogue to the casting, to the little filler clips that emphasised the mundanity of office life (the photocopier clattering away in the corner). It was absolute watch-through-your-fingers TV, brilliantly written.

I really, really hope this lives up to it. History has shown spin-off movies don't always hit the mark. I find myself wishing this one to.

The Office ended with two one hour episodes. If they had been released as a two hour film instead it would have been a great finish, for this reason I'm not worried Gervais will ruin the character. If he thought it was dross he wouldn't release it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Know what you mean. I had the same concerns about Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa though, and that turned out to be excellent. I think this'll be great as well - same writers, same 'mockumentary' style. Just like watching the Palace "ultras", its going to be a 90 minute CRINGEFEST.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The Office ended with two one hour episodes. If they had been released as a two hour film instead it would have been a great finish, for this reason I'm not worried Gervais will ruin the character. If he thought it was dross he wouldn't release it.

The elephant in the room is that Stephen Merchant is not involved this time. Based on Gervais work up to now the lack of his writing partner could well mean this is going to be crap. Not too worried about it ruining the ending of The Office - it was mainly Time and Dawn who had a good ending and they don't feature - the overly cheesy resolution for Brent was always the one weak spot in an otherwise perfect finale so wouldn't mind seeing that thrown out.

Enjoyed the trailer, the cumin line made me laugh out loud which I don't normally do watching a trailer on my ipad. Hope the whole film isn't as on the nose though, Brent was a monster but didn't just eff and jeff willy nilly!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Women.
Are.
DIRTY

"Now you do not punish anybody, Dutch or otherwise, for having big boobs".

"If anything they should be rewarded"

"They should be EQUAL"

:clap2:

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Greek guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went 'Mr. Brent, will you be the Godfather to my child?'. Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My world doesn't end with these four walls.

walk-clip.jpg
SIGN4-lg.jpg
s-l225.jpg
3-winnersh%20station.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here