Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa looking at Hughton as next boss (clams The Sun)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Would not be surprised at all if they wanted him.

He has a history of getting teams either up or very close to it. I would hope that he would want to stay here and not sure how many times (if at all) he has jumped ship

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
FIXTURES!

Ohhh, I haven't said that in a while. Is that still a thing?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watching SSN this morning (Thursday) and whoever was on, may have been Matt La Tiss, said how next season they would need a manager who knew and was experienced in the Championship. We all know who that is don't we.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Watching SSN this morning (Thursday) and whoever was on, may have been Matt La Tiss, said how next season they would need a manager who knew and was experienced in the Championship. We all know who that is don't we.
Yes, either Mick McCarthy (Ipswich have little money to push for promotion and he has done as much as he can to take them forward) or Nigel Pearson ( out of work, Midlands based and a strong back bone to deal with the current issues Villa have). Even if we don't go up CH will stay so long as he still feels supported by the Board, which I'm sure he will be.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Pearson
Redknapp
Malky Mackay
Dyche
Steve Bruce

No ****ing way in a million years would Hughts go to that complete cluster**** of a club.
The SUN can **** off with there absolute pile of **** speculation.

EDIT: It's probably written by a Boro-supporting journalist in an attempt to unsettle. Like was done with Dyche recently.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought Big Bruce was a shoo-in for this gig? Wasn't the one of the explanations for the Tigers' dip in form? ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If an Everton came in for him, I think he'd be hard pushed to turn it down. If we don't go up and an established PL club comes in, say a WBA, Stoke, Swansea, Southampton etc. again, I think he'd be tempted. BUT, Villa, really? What kind of career move is that from an aspirational well run club looking to go places to one that is up for sale, rudderless, and in trouble!? It would be a barmy move.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Reminds me a bit of when Poyet suddenly decided he might fancy the Wolves job. Although Hughton in no way reminds me of Poyet.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Why would Hughton want to manage a league one side 'cos,as sure as eggs are eggs , Villa look like they may well do a Wigan. He won't go to them for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here