Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible beambacks for Charlton and Boro, Paul Barber comments to NSC.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NSC has had some correspondence with Paul Barber, who is doing his utmost to arrange beambacks for both Charlton and Boro, given that tickets have sold out for both matches.

Most importantly, note that there are NO GUARANTEES that this will go ahead, but hats off to PB for making the effort.

Here are the key parts of the correspondence

As for beam backs, unfortunately, these are always far more complicated to deliver than fans think! This is mainly due to something called UEFA Article 48, as well as The FL's own regulations.

Without boring you with all the details, Article 48 prevents live matches being broadcast between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday unless certain conditions are met.

The Middlesbrough match, which obviously kicks off and finishes before the blackout, is covered by different restrictions, namely The FL's regulations (not Sky's contract).

So, our immediate challenge is to see if we can beam back the Charlton match. We believe there will be a lot of Albion fan demand to watch this game at the Amex.

However, as this match is covered by UEFA's Article 48, we are currently jumping through the various hoops necessary to be exempt from the black out. More news soon I hope.

As for Middlesbrough, I am at a FL meeting in London today and I will be discussing this possibility.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair play going the extra mile here to try and make something work when most clubs would just say no, rules are the rules. Paul Barber used to and still does to a degree, get a lot of unfair criticism in my book. Saw him at full time on Tuesday night and he was properly celebrating like a fan at the full time whistle

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Excellent news for those without tickets.

PB for employee (non playing staff) of the year

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That would be excellent. Even better if they do it in the stadium itself on the big screens.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've read that 3 times - where's the joke bit?

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
NSC has had some correspondence with Paul Barber, who is doing his utmost to arrange beambacks for both Charlton and Boro, given that tickets have sold out for both matches.

Most importantly, note that there are NO GUARANTEES that this will go ahead, but hats off to PB for making the effort.

Here are the key parts of the correspondence

Do you think they could actually sort out implementing the FFP fines - or is this all being forgotten about

Dec 29, 2011
Fair play going the extra mile here to try and make something work when most clubs would just say no, rules are the rules. Paul Barber used to and still does to a degree, get a lot of unfair criticism in my book. Saw him at full time on Tuesday night and he was properly celebrating like a fan at the full time whistle

If we get a promotion to the PL his page packet will also get a sizeable promotion. He probably wants it more than we do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we get a promotion to the PL his page packet will also get a sizeable promotion. He probably wants it more than we do.

No doubt. Same as the coaches & players.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

EVERYONE at the club, from the tea lady upwards, will receive a bonus if the club is promoted.Tony Bloom is ****ing brilliant at things like that.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Would you be prepared to pay him a bonus if the club goes up; stays solvent; has a happy playing staff and workforce; meets sales targets; recruits the right manager; creates the right culture around the club etc? I would.

Personally, I think PB was one of the best signings that Tony ever made. You'll find it hard to discover a better CEO.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely Middlesbrough will be on Sky anyway so will be less of an issue?

It will almost certainly be the chosen match on Sky if promotion for one or both teams depends on it.

But if there is a chance of going up, where would you rather watch the match? At home with the family, or with a couple of thousand other Albion fans?

Usually it's the collective experience of sharing every chance, spill, corner, shot, tackle, yellow card, near miss and GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that makes watching football so enjoyable.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It will almost certainly be the chosen match on Sky if promotion for one or both teams depends on it.

But if there is a chance of going up, where would you rather watch the match? At home with the family, or with a couple of thousand other Albion fans?

Usually it's the collective experience of sharing every chance, spill, corner, shot, tackle, yellow card, near miss and GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that makes watching football so enjoyable.

What I meant was if its on Sky they can just show it anyway, no need for a beam back.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I am fortunate to have tickets for both games. I presume that if a beamback is permitted that Sky or the Football League would charge a fee for the service, these people don't offer something for nothing.

Fair play to the club for looking into the possibility I really hope that PB manages to sort something positive as I totally understand that a lot of Albion are disappointed with the lack of tickets on sale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here