Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Pub in Bristol...

wurzelgull

Apr 1, 2016
Similarly to the London version of this thread (which I have unashamedly stolen the idea from), is there an existing pub in Bristol where albion fans gather for televised matches? Trying to persuade my friends, who are mostly not interested in football let alone the albion, to come and watch a championship match is tough! This often results in me sitting in the corner by myself with Guinness shouting like a mad man, something I was hoping to save for my forties and fifties, not my late twenties.

If no suggestions, I would table The Cat and Wheel on Gloucester Road or possibly Bishops just up from it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] may be heading out to watch it.

We tended to use the Fishmarket when I was still in town.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Similarly to the London version of this thread (which I have unashamedly stolen the idea from), is there an existing pub in Bristol where albion fans gather for televised matches? Trying to persuade my friends, who are mostly not interested in football let alone the albion, to come and watch a championship match is tough! This often results in me sitting in the corner by myself with Guinness shouting like a mad man, something I was hoping to save for my forties and fifties, not my late twenties.

If no suggestions, I would table The Cat and Wheel on Gloucester Road or possibly Bishops just up from it.

One post? You're still at one solitary post?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
This was the option in The Sportsman not so long ago 20160402_131148.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I remember watching us getting relegated at Grimsby in 2003 at the Robin Hood on Gloucester Road if that's any help (it's not).

Sussax

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Thought I’d bump this as opposed to creating a new thread.

Off to Bristol for a couple of days next month. I was a teenager last time I went down Bristol so naturally i explored the bars. Now I’m looking for something a bit calmer, appears a lot of new Taprooms etc have opened in the time since.

Any recommendations on the best places to drink in Bristol?

Ideally avoiding hippy students

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patreon
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Off to Bristol for a couple of days next month. I was a teenager last time I went down Bristol so naturally i explored the bars. Now I’m looking for something a bit calmer, appears a lot of new Taprooms etc have opened in the time since.

Obvious answer would be Duke King Street.

Any idea of roughly what area of Bristol?

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

There is no defined pub centre in Bristol any more. There are several large popular bars in Millennium Square, Quieter more traditional pubs in Duke Street, but TBH if you want more traditional style avoiding hippy students best to go off piste. Try Montepelier, about a mile from centre.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015

King St and/or Corn St ... central and both offer a variety.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patreon
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
There is no defined pub centre in Bristol any more. There are several large popular bars in Millennium Square, Quieter more traditional pubs in Duke Street, but TBH if you want more traditional style avoiding hippy students best to go off piste. Try Montepelier, about a mile from centre.
Ironically, my student house was about 3min walk from Montpelier station. :lolol:
Some good pubs around there but not sure of the chances of avoiding students.

Edit: there are some decent pubs around Bedminster area as well, Victoria Park's quite good if they fancy the walk up the hill.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I was there last week and did Left Handed giants pub and Little Martha Taproom just behind temple meads.
I’d agree with king street though, 4 or 5 decent pubs

Sussax

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Thanks all.

Staying on Baldwin St, so right near several places mentioned. Will certainly attempt a few of those!

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Thanks all.

Staying on Baldwin St, so right near several places mentioned. Will certainly attempt a few of those!
Try the Rummer in St Nicks market, just 100m from Baldwin St.... just because it's a groovy pub, not for footy.... Fishmarket has screens a plenty.

The Shakespeare... 500m from Baldwin St.
The Naval Volunteer.... 300m.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here