Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Beamback"?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Apologies if this has already been covered.

I would have thought that the Charlton and Boro games were ideal for beamback events at the Amex. Are there specific known reasons why this would be a no-go?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Aside from being not allowed on a Saturday...

The Brighton v Charlton and Brighton v Middlesbrough fixtures would have had to have been offerred for beamback earlier in the season. They weren't ( because they were on Saturday, Middlesbrough already on sky etc. )

The only chance of those fixtures being shown at the Amex is if they are on Sky ( or if somehow Barber gets permission to ignore the rules, not that there is any suggestion that that flexibility is even possible ).

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it's a case of "watch this space" for both. The Boro game is significantly easier if aired by Sky, obviously.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Boro game will be on Sky.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You'd like to think and hope it will be, but it's not 100% is it? If, say, Boro are already up and we're playing out time waiting for the play-offs there'd be limited appeal if there were games happening where the result meant something.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Whichever game has something riding on it will be on, so if neither Boro nor our outcome is settled by then, it'll certainly be live. If nothing's settled they may do some kind of red button thingy where more than one game's available?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't think that the Saturday 3pm rule applies to "beambacks" if agreed by both clubs.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Whichever game has something riding on it will be on, so if neither Boro nor our outcome is settled by then, it'll certainly be live. If nothing's settled they may do some kind of red button thingy where more than one game's available?

Pretty sure (although I was at the game so not 100%) they showed both us and Reading on different channels the day of Ulloa's header at Forest. I don't know whether they are able/allowed to stretch to 3...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Basically, within the rules there is no chance, as the corresponding fixtures at the Amex weren't beamed back previously.

The club may speculatively ask about it with little expectation, and I suppose you never know.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty sure (although I was at the game so not 100%) they showed both us and Reading on different channels the day of Ulloa's header at Forest. I don't know whether they are able/allowed to stretch to 3...

They did indeed. Sky always show 2 games simulataneously these days (I doubt they'd bother stretching to 3 though).

For the Forest game, I was in a pub that had both our game and the Reading game on live, on opposite walls. I was in the middle, at the bar. Felt like I was at a tennis match. What a day that was.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
You'd like to think and hope it will be, but it's not 100% is it? If, say, Boro are already up and we're playing out time waiting for the play-offs there'd be limited appeal if there were games happening where the result meant something.

Taking into consideration what you've said there, and what I've been told, I would say 99%.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

The Brighton v Charlton and Brighton v Middlesbrough fixtures would have had to have been offerred for beamback earlier in the season. They weren't ( because they were on Saturday, Middlesbrough already on sky etc. )

The only chance of those fixtures being shown at the Amex is if they are on Sky ( or if somehow Barber gets permission to ignore the rules, not that there is any suggestion that that flexibility is even possible ).

I may be wrong but I thought it is possible to agree a beam back (if not on SKY) if the away end sells out to stop fans travelling and getting into the home end i.e a big game, and that this was a factor alongside the others you mention.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

If before last day either a) we're both promoted or b) one is confirmed in play offs and one is confirmed in automatic c) both confirmed in play offs
all possible scenarios.
it probably won't be. they only show 2 games and they are always games where relegation, play off , automatic outcomes are in doubt...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I may be wrong but I thought it is possible to agree a beam back (if not on SKY) if the away end sells out to stop fans travelling and getting into the home end i.e a big game, and that this was a factor alongside the others you mention.

It seems it is worth the club at least asking about this. I don't think it's likely, but at the same time perhaps it's not impossible.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If before last day either a) we're both promoted or b) one is confirmed in play offs and one is confirmed in automatic c) both confirmed in play offs
all possible scenarios.
it probably won't be. they only show 2 games and they are always games where relegation, play off , automatic outcomes are in doubt...

However, it looks likely that playoff teams and relegation places could well be sorted by then. If you were to make a prediction now, automatic promotion and/or who wins the league is more likely to be left until then to be decided. But who knows!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies if this has already been covered.

I would have thought that the Charlton and Boro games were ideal for beamback events at the Amex. Are there specific known reasons why this would be a no-go?

I think it's a case of "watch this space" for both. The Boro game is significantly easier if aired by Sky, obviously.

Basically, within the rules there is no chance, as the corresponding fixtures at the Amex weren't beamed back previously.

The club may speculatively ask about it with little expectation, and I suppose you never know.

They did indeed. Sky always show 2 games simulataneously these days (I doubt they'd bother stretching to 3 though).

For the Forest game, I was in a pub that had both our game and the Reading game on live, on opposite walls. I was in the middle, at the bar. Felt like I was at a tennis match. What a day that was.

http://mobile.seagulls.co.uk//news/...-brighton-hove-albion-away-games-3047195.aspx :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here