Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just how good is he? For me he is easily premier league class and the best player in the division as he proved again on Saturday completely outplaying that thug Barton. The piece of skill that started the move for AK's goal was absolutely equisite.

Just looking through the nominations for March's championship player of the month though and Kayal obviously isn't on the list. I can't actually remember him ever being nominated so I doubt he will be up there for the player of the season award either. He has been so consistently outstanding though and crucial to our success I find it amazing he's not getting the praise I think he deserves.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Doesn't score enough to be a Premier League player I don't think...but absolutely crucial to our side both attacking and defensively. His performance on Saturday was one of the best performances from an Albion midfielder I can remember.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Excellent player. Not as excellent as Bruno (see other thread) but excellent nonetheless.

Like everything involving Albion this season it will go unnoticed outside Brighton

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think his problem is his consistency. I often think that players that get these nominations have had a good month which brought some headlines, because their form has improved over the month so that they stand out more. Players like Kayal who usually perform well over a longer period are over looked as people get used to seeing them play at a certain level, so even when they are better than most or all other players on the pitch there is a view of well that was expected so they get overlooked.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He is class, and we'd have been relegated last season without him. Still trying to make my mind up for player of season, Kayal is one of 3 for me.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Excellent player. Not as excellent as Bruno (see other thread) but excellent nonetheless.

Like everything involving Albion this season it will go unnoticed outside Brighton

Bruno has been excellent but the reason I would have Kayal above Bruno for our best player and player of the season is because as soon as he's out of the team we fall apart. He's key and even more so in a 4-4-2 system. No other midfield we have gets through as much work and keeps the ball moving forward like he does.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Kept us up last season and in most of the away games I've attended he's always looked a class above even when the team aren't playing well. In the couple of games he missed due to injury we looked like a completely one dimensional side. Given that we often play 4-4-2 and is quite frequently up against a 3 man central midfield he is our key man and player of the season imo.

Stumpy Tim

Doesn't score enough to be a Premier League player I don't think...but absolutely crucial to our side both attacking and defensively. His performance on Saturday was one of the best performances from an Albion midfielder I can remember.
There are plenty of midfielders in the Premier League that don't score goals. That's not his game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There are plenty of midfielders in the Premier League that don't score goals. That's not his game.

Exactly - much more to football than who scores the goals. Comfortably prem league class - did play a few in the Champs Lg for Celtic too so has been there as such...

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
Just how good is he? For me he is easily premier league class and the best player in the division as he proved again on Saturday completely outplaying that thug Barton. The piece of skill that started the move for AK's goal was absolutely equisite.

Just looking through the nominations for March's championship player of the month though and Kayal obviously isn't on the list. I can't actually remember him ever being nominated so I doubt he will be up there for the player of the season award either. He has been so consistently outstanding though and crucial to our success I find it amazing he's not getting the praise I think he deserves.

Excellent player - just needs to add goals and then he will be complete

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bruno has been excellent but the reason I would have Kayal above Bruno for our best player and player of the season is because as soon as he's out of the team we fall apart. He's key and even more so in a 4-4-2 system. No other midfield we have gets through as much work and keeps the ball moving forward like he does.

Ive said this before voting for someone because we have not got anyone who can replace them or we dont play as well without them does not mean he is player of the season.

I presonally believe Kayal has been our player of the season, but thats on his performances alone, not because we dont have adeqaute cover for him.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
As someone chanted to me at the Burnley game .. Kayaaaal. Kayaaaal ....Kayaaaal,kayaaaaal born is the king from israelllll !

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What a player and all for £100,000. He is my favourite in our current squad and easily our player of the season

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean

What a ridiculous comment. N'Golo Kante, who is widely considered to have been the best, or at least one of the best players in the premier league this season has scored 1 goal. It isn't his job, just like it isn't Kayal's. I suppose Stockdale isn't good enough for the prem either for the same reason?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I agree that Kayal is our most important player. It's just that Bruno has offered more moments of pure footballing joy :lolol:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
For player of the season, I will vote for Dale Stephens, because he has been consistently excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here