Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Random places you've bumped into other 'Seagulls' fans....

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Today, while on holiday in Orlando, we went to 'Boggy Creek Airboat Rides' and as we entered the shop/booking area, a guy wearing a replica shirt came out with his kids.
I didn't have anything identifying myself on but couldn't resist calling out "Seagulls" as he came towards me.
He half smiled, didn't stop, and that was that......a small, strange, brief encounter with a fellow Albion fan, miles from home.
Just wondered if anyone else has had far away random Albion moments like that?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Someone stopped me in the street in Auckland in 2005 and said "You go to Brighton games, don't you?". That was weird.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was in a pub in Birmingham a couple of evenings ago, and blow me down if there weren't maybe 40 Albion fans in there. I know Brum isn't that far from Brighton, but 40 in one pub has to count as unusual Shirley?

On topic: There's an Albion fan who lives 3 doors down from my place in San Francisco.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The AMEX, on 86 minutes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On a bus in LA in 1990

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not this thread....AGAIN! :)

Ps Amex on 86mins gets my vote ;) V.good Herr T!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Peak Tram in Hong Kong a few years ago
He was wearing a replica Phoenix Brewery shirt. I had a Skint shirt on

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
On a petrol station forecourt, just outside Doncaster

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
think I have put this on here before
while we were living in Wales,and having in a futile manner put the Falmer for all (?) poster up in the window, heard a lot of horn blowing(car) outside and saw four lads in a car waving a blue and white scarf and shouting like mad, by the time I got out to speak they had gone.....................and never found out who they were .............so is it was you own up

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have been to quite a few places around the world, nobody will ever say that the met me as a Brighton fan in a strange place because I NEVER wear a replica shirt on holiday.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Today, while on holiday in Orlando, we went to 'Boggy Creek Airboat Rides' and as we entered the shop/booking area, a guy wearing a replica shirt came out with his kids.
I didn't have anything identifying myself on but couldn't resist calling out "Seagulls" as he came towards me.
He half smiled, didn't stop, and that was that......a small, strange, brief encounter with a fellow Albion fan, miles from home.
Just wondered if anyone else has had far away random Albion moments like that?

Uncanny, you must have just missed us. We were on the air boat in 2002!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Duke's Mound. He had a Pretty pink NOBO retro shirt and mine ended up looking like it had Sandtex on it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A family holiday to Germany. We decided to visit Colditz castle during the renovation work. It was an amazing experience because literally nobody was around, everything was unlocked, we didn't have to pay to go in.. we just walked in and had a good snoop about. I'd recently finished reading the 'Escape from Colditz' book so it really brought everything to life.. anyway, my family and I were walking through the courtyard area when a man walked over wearing an Albion beanie hat. My dad was wearing some Seagulls apparel so the inevitable "Couldn't make the game today then?" chat ensued. Bizarre.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I 'bumped' into one in B&Q in Dumfries once, a very large chap, and if my memory serves me right he bought a bathroom mirror.

Apr 12, 2011
Athens Olympics in 2004. Was wearing an Albion related t-shirt and suddenly heard a chant of Seagulls from someone walking towards me!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have been to quite a few places around the world, nobody will ever say that the met me as a Brighton fan in a strange place because I NEVER wear a replica shirt on holiday.
I would normally agree but in a complete and utter cock up, I will be in Ibiza during the Derby game and flying home during the Boro game. So I will be wearing my shirt on those days and, I am hoping, there will also be a bloody big grin on my face! [emoji14]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here