May 22, 2012
Top stuff, as always.

Thanks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was the Real Ale pub The Anchor? I spent a good hour trying to avoid the local looney-tune who kept asking everyone if they wanted to play pool

Yes - there were five of the NSC mod corps in there.

I said "no" to the pool invitation somewhere between 2 and 3 hundred times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic as always.

You might just want to change "sceptre" to "spectre". That's all.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That Pic captures the moment just before that loo roll hit me on the head lol

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He was friendly enough, albeit lacking a fair few teeth. After the 67th refusal of a game I thought he might have got the memo.

I think he may also have shat himself, judging by the distinctly unfriendly wafts that permeated the air each time he shuffled round our end of the table to play a shot.

What was impressive was the way the bar staff continued to serve him, in spite of him transparently being utterly shitfaced.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I think he may also have shat himself, judging by the distinctly unfriendly wafts that permeated the air each time he shuffled round our end of the table to play a shot.

What was impressive was the way the bar staff continued to serve him, in spite of him transparently being utterly shitfaced.

I couldn't work out whether he was hammered or just a little odd. He wasn't a great advert for the pub, i'm surprised they let him stay!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I couldn't work out whether he was hammered or just a little odd. He wasn't a great advert for the pub, i'm surprised they let him stay!

Can't believe nobody accepted his offer of a game :lol:

That said, I suspect it wouldn't have been the first or last time in his life he was left to play with himself.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Can't believe nobody accepted his offer of a game :lol:

That said, I suspect it wouldn't have been the first or last time in his life he was left to play with himself.

Smells like sh*t (tick)
No front teeth (tick)
Alarmingly drunk (tick)

Yeah course mate i'll give you a game...

It wouldn't be an away trip without bumping into a few weird locals, and he'd have to go a long way to trump the man with a wooden leg and an eye patch (captain birdseye eat your heart out) that we stumbled across in Blackpool last year.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Smells like sh*t (tick)
No front teeth (tick)
Alarmingly drunk (tick)

Yeah course mate i'll give you a game...

It wouldn't be an away trip without bumping into a few weird locals, and he'd have to go a long way to trump the man with a wooden leg and an eye patch (captain birdseye eat your heart out) that we stumbled across in Blackpool last year.
I was at a different pub, the oldest one in town, cant remember what its called. Wandered further into town after and bumped into plenty of waifs and strays like the guy at the pool table. Its a rough old town

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I was at a different pub, the oldest one in town, cant remember what its called. Wandered further into town after and bumped into plenty of waifs and strays like the guy at the pool table. Its a rough old town

The Crown, I think. The Anchor was OKAY apart from the disinterested staff and the smelly p1sshead!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here