Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Luther

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I fully appreciate I am massively late to this particular party.

Browsing Netflix a week or so ago, I came across Luther and vaguely remembered it was supposed to be decent, so gave it a go.

I've since been as close to binge-watching as I can and am ploughing through the second series. What a programme. Incredible.

If you haven't seen it and have Netflix - get involved.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Better late than never. In some respects binge watching is superior as you dont have the 12 month wait for the next series and can still recall what went on before.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Better late than never. In some respects binge watching is superior as you dont have the 12 month wait for the next series and can still recall what went on before.

Yep. Although I've just read there have been four series and only three are on Netflix.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yep. Although I've just read there have been four series and only three are on Netflix.

Series 4 v.short and not so excellent :down:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A staggeringly good series. I wish I hadn't seen series 2, in particular, so that I could watch it fresh, now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's one of the best TV dramas to come out of the BBC in years.
It's alongside Line of Duty and the already mentioned Sherlock.
Brilliant.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Agree! One of the best crime dramas ever.

It shouldn't work on paper - maverick, rule-bending, loose cannon cop with a troubled private life grappling with his demons; sounds like a such a cliché, a standard scenario for many cop shows. But this one really does work superbly.

Idris Elba is fantastic; exudes both 'cool' and underlying menace brilliantly, and is like Sherlock Holmes in his deductive reasoning about crimes; such as when he worked out that Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson) killed her own parents, even without any hard evidence.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Thought the most recent series had a very weak ending.Was rather disappointing.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Good news

! Luther.JPG

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I binged the first couple of series but thought the last one was weak. That weird Alice that kept cropping up was crap. Reminded me of a series of Dr Who. Let’s hope they get back to the raw grittiness that made the first couple so good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here