Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best pub in Brighton to watch an away game

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Used to like the K&Q but the last game they gave us the smallest part of the pub, which was packed, leaving the empty part for Arsenal v Hull. At last moment they put ours on both screens but poor attitude.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Montpelier is a worth a look. I don't know if they still show games as I haven't been in a while. The Cobden Arms SHOULD be a good pub as it's got loads of Albion memorabilia and it shows all the games but when I went in there for the Derby play-off game with a couple of mates there was a Premier League match on just before and as soon as it finished, the pub more or less emptied and only a handful of Albion fans were left.

The Franklin never used to be much of an Albion pub but I see a fair few shirts in there nowadays on matchdays and you'll get a decent atmosphere.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Went to the Palmeira once (red scouse in the cup, a Sunday?). That was quite lively

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If you want the big crowd go to the King and Queen, but get there early or face a queue to get in.

Personally however I prefer a more intimate atmosphere and enjoy the Constant Service in Hanover, the Lion & Lobster on Sillwood Street and the good old Welly on Upper Gloucester Road near the station

Jimmy Grimble

If you're happy to head over to Patcham, both the Long Man of Wilmington and Ladies Mile will have Brighton on their big screens. Would imagine there'll be plenty of Albion fans in both too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Went to the Palmeira once (red scouse in the cup, a Sunday?). That was quite lively

I was in there for the Cardiff game and it was only on half of the screens. Most people were watching The Arse and they had the better end of the pub.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Used to like the K&Q but the last game they gave us the smallest part of the pub, which was packed, leaving the empty part for Arsenal v Hull. At last moment they put ours on both screens but poor attitude.

I was in there for that game, thought it was very odd that they were so reluctant until the last minute to put our game on both screens.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
King & Queens is usually full of plastics. Since the Hove Lagoon shut/under new management, is there an Albion bar left?

This will become a fairly big issue come the Boro game I reckon.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
King & Queens is usually full of plastics. Since the Hove Lagoon shut/under new management, is there an Albion bar left?

Brighton does lack a decent sports bar / pub.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Shame they closed the Smugglers, that was the best. King & Queen is okay, plenty of screens but as the advice says, head there early. The Walkabout will probably have it on too, it's much better since the refurb.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I prefer one of the smaller pubs. Clearly it would be insane to name it on NSC as it would get too packed out and the experience ruined :nono:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I go the Hiker's Rest for Albion games. There's always a lively atmosphere in there, full of genuine fans

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Had to let the PL plastics in the K&Q have it on the day of the Forest game when Leo won it

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Duke of Wellington. Always packed pre-game and guaranteed to show the away games too. And the landlord is a bloody nice bloke too. Top pub.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here