Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Racist GAP

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Blacks in UPROAR in the States over this horrific racist ad from Gap.

_89090757_04d5172f-2a2c-4484-89d2-7a8d8c4deec0.jpg

:nono:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another example of people being offended by nothing.

Without racist being tagged to the picture I would have dismissed the advert as boring and just flicked over to the next page or forgotten about it by the time the advert break on TV had finished.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
What rubbish.

That is just simply not racist.

There will be people that say as a middle class white guy I just don't get it. But you cannot claim that is racist!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
....but a comfy arm rest....

... and so the picture is a clear indication of the subjugation of the minorities... rather than just a picture of four girls in slightly odd poses...

A picture of four girls is all I saw when I opened the thread - and that is all ANYONE should EVER see. The world would be a better place if they did.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im confused and intrigued how this is offensive.

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
The permanently offended minority win again....

Shame on GAP for giving in.....

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

So was I, until I read that it was 'racist' because the white girl is resting her arm on the black girls head.
Unfortunately, Gap have given in to the 'offended fascism' of social media and apologised.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I spent most of the time trying to work out whether their odd body poses are supposed to be spelling something out.

Whatever is supposedly racist about that ad has completely gone over my head I'm afraid.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

This.

My only thought would be that the black child is shorter than the one next to them. But surely that's a) not a problem (looks younger anyway), and b) is preferable to not having an all-white line-up (which, in itself, wouldn't REALLY be racist).

World's gone mad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Writing in The Root, a black culture magazine, Kirsten West Savali argues that the advert compounds "the feeling that our black bodies are undervalued and positioned to serve as props upon which white bodies can be better appreciated and admired."

Jesus. Can somebody please stop 2016, I think I want to get off.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here