Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FourFourTwo magazine Top 50 Football League players list...

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
...has been published, apparently. No, I don't have a copy, and thus I don't know how many Albion players are in it, apart from Beram Kayal being at 26 (because some Israeli fans group has just tweeted it).

Anybody else seen the list yet who can share it so we may all have a heated debate?

I'm willing to predict that it will feature a whole bunch of Boro & Burnley superstars in the Top 20, as well as a few players in there by reputation alone. And not a lot of ours, principally because we are a team, and not a bunch of big name legends-in-their-own-lifetime.

I'll take a punt and say the top ten will include Rhodes (a classic "reputation" inclusion, despite his relatively poor season), Forestieri, Daniel Ayala (deserved), Andre Gray, perhaps a wild card from a weaker team like Alan Judge...any advances on this lot?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
...has been published, apparently. No, I don't have a copy, and thus I don't know how many Albion players are in it, apart from Beram Kayal being at 26 (because some Israeli fans group has just tweeted it).

Anybody else seen the list yet who can share it so we may all have a heated debate?

I'm willing to predict that it will feature a whole bunch of Boro & Burnley superstars in the Top 20, as well as a few players in there by reputation alone. And not a lot of ours, principally because we are a team, and not a bunch of big name legends-in-their-own-lifetime.

I'll take a punt and say the top ten will include Rhodes (a classic "reputation" inclusion, despite his relatively poor season), Forestieri, Daniel Ayala (deserved), Andre Gray, perhaps a wild card from a weaker team like Alan Judge...any advances on this lot?

Good shout - I will add Tom Heaton as a wildcard. Joey Barton I am predicting will be in there around the 11 mark.

Hull will have a couple on there as well.

Hemed will be our highest at the high teens I would guess.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Funny, I was flicking through the magazine earlier.
Didn't buy a copy but Andre Gray is number 1. From what I can remember Rhodes and Judge are both top 5 I think. Knockaert was 10, Forestieri 8 or 9, Bradley Dack 6.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Tried looking for it on their website but can't find it.

I can tell you that in their top 50 football songs That's Zamora came in at 9. (You'll never walk alone was number 1)

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Gleaned from Twitter thus far **UPDATED**

1) Andre Gray
2)
3) Alan Judge
4)
5)
6) Bradley Dack (Gillingham)
7) Fernando Forestieri
8) Adam Armstrong (Coventry/Newcastle)
9)
10)
11) Kemar Roofe (Oxford)
12)
13) Sam Winnall (?? Barnsley?)
14) Jay Simpson (Orient I think)
15) Stewart Downing (a CLASSIC Picked By Reputation choice, given his form this year)

26 )Beram Kayal

47) Joe Cole (Coventry
48) Liam Sercombe (Exeter??)
49) David Marshall (Cardiff)
50) Graham Carey (Plymouth)

Last edited:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have only managed to find a couple of pictures on twitter from an Oxford fan, as such I can say...

Kemar Roofe number 12, Winnall is 13

Jay Simpson 14, Looks like possibly Downing at 15

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Of the names you hear in the lower leagues, you'd imagine there'd be spots for Tom Bradshaw of Walsall, and Bradley Dack of Gillingham. No idea how good either of these two are, but you hear them mentioned a lot.

This made me chortle though (from the 2015 vote):

[tweet]593017751788216320[/tweet]

(That's the Matt Tubbs currently on loan at Eastleigh in the Bananarama Conference) :lol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will be interesting to see who makes the players Championship team this year in the PFA awards.

I expect the 442 list to be dominated by Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday players as it is voted by fans (in other words 442 readers) and as both these clubs make over a billion supporters they will have voted for their own players

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Will be interesting to see who makes the players Championship team this year in the PFA awards.

I expect the 442 list to be dominated by Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday players as it is voted by fans (in other words 442 readers) and as both these clubs make over a billion supporters they will have voted for their own players

The main issue with the PFA awards has always been that they vote so early. I think the players get their forms in February or something ridiculous like that. Which means someone who's been decent in the first half, but is out of this world for the key, promotion-chasing part of the season, doesn't get a look in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Haha! It's just a list of footballers 442 have heard of. Seeing as they know sod all about Brighton I don't expect too many of ours in their top 50. Ah well, the only table that matters is the league table and we're the 3rd best team in the Football League.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
This is the same FourFourTwo magazine who predicted we'd go down, right?

Yes, yes, that one.

Also in the top ten, though I've yet to work out what order:

Jordan Rhodes
Ross McCormack
Abel Hernandez

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Haha! It's just a list of footballers 442 have heard of. Seeing as they know sod all about Brighton I don't expect too many of ours in their top 50. Ah well, the only table that matters is the league table and we're the 3rd best team in the Football League.

Technically, it's a list of footballers that FourFourTwo readers (average age 16-24 I'd guess) have heard of, but yes, your point still stands.

Doesn't mean we can't debate and rip it to shreds though, of course :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here