Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adur DC consider Albion planning application

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Interesting. They said they couldn't do tours as it wasn't set up for visitors and they didn't want people parking there. Surely this would have to change?

Oct 25, 2003
if this fails surely there is an alternative? there are other places in sussex with a 500 seat stand and grass pitch- surely the Albion won't lose their status based on this

i can see why the training ground is preferable though

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
if this fails surely there is an alternative? there are other places in sussex with a 500 seat stand and grass pitch- surely the Albion won't lose their status based on this

Could the DS/U18s/Womens team not play at Whitehawk

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
A stand with 4 rows of 125 seats..... hardly the Kop is it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Wouldnt most of the Rymans League teams grounds have that and then spread the fixtures around like Littlehampton/ Bognor, Burgess Hill/ Lewes Eastbourne/Hastings and Horsham/Crawley.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

This is why our U21s are playing their games at Crawley at the moment.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Could the DS/U18s/Womens team not play at Whitehawk

That's not very #Together, is it?

The pitch is poor at Whitehawk, and besides, the whole point of the new complex was to give the whole club- and this includes the youngsters and the women- the same opportunities to excel, so moving them elsewhere would rather defeat the object, I'd have thought.

S

smileyweb

Another way for the PL to make it harder for non-PL teams to be Cat 1.

To keep your Cat 1 status, you have to score 85/100, and any club outside the PL gets docked 15 points for not being in the PL in the first place!

Saying that, I was at Southampton's Academy last week, and a stand of the same size as theirs - which can be seen from the perimeter road / houses - wouldn't be visible unless you were actually inside the training ground...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here