Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

theatre booking fees

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Just bought 2 tickets for a West End play No Mans Land Wyndhams theatre and the booking fee is £12.75 per ticket. How the f*ck can they get away with that - one card booking on the internet? I just don't get it

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It's madness but I am sure that some of them use that as the actual fee that goes to the theatre? Some use it as a fee to the ticket provider.

It's all a complete mess and I think most people would be happier just to see an overall cost of a ticket and if they really wanted to know the booking fee have an option to view the breakdown

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's a con to make the tickets look cheaper. A bit like ISPs never including line rental in the headline figure for internet services. It should be made illegal to not include these sort of costs in the advertised price.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Looking forward to catching that in Brighton pre West end. Can't remember if Wyndhams is an atg theatre but if you go regularly it's worth the investment in an atg theatre membership. It saves booking fees

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as i understand it, the theatre themselves usually dont charge a fee, so you are paying for the service that's carrying out the booking.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's a con to make the tickets look cheaper. A bit like ISPs never including line rental in the headline figure for internet services. It should be made illegal to not include these sort of costs in the advertised price.

thats all very well but how do you show the price of the internet service if you already have a line from elsewhere you dont want to change? they do always show the extra cost for their line rental option somewhere, maybe it need more prominence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here