Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After Burnley = ANGRY, after Birmingham = BUZZING

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Still on a massive high from last night.

Normally when we go one down it's a bit doom and gloom, but as soon as Brum scored the away end were giving it "We're one-nil down, who gives a f***, we're Brighton and Hove Albion and we're going up".

The team never let the goal affect them either. It many respects it was the best away performance I have seen for a good few seasons, as we attacked with pace on both flanks, Dunk on a number of occasions made Lawrensonesque drives from his own half into that of the opposition with the ball.

Birmingham were chasing shadows most of the match, with Stephens in particular everywhere, and had it not been for a superb save from Tommy K (who got a decent reception from the away contingent), Hemed would have scored our goal of the season after a FLAIRFEST from Bruno and Skalak on the right flank.

It was of course amazing to see the home support, whose noise was the equivalent to a fly farting, show that Andy Naylor's assessment of the Amex creating a crap atmosphere being proved right once again.

The countdown to Forest has begun, can't wait.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Even when we went a goal down, I honestly didn't think we'd lose last night. The support the lads got was brilliant. There is a real feeling of being in this together.

We should be savouring these times.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Still on a massive high from last night.

Normally when we go one down it's a bit doom and gloom, but as soon as Brum scored the away end were giving it "We're one-nil down, who gives a f***, we're Brighton and Hove Albion and we're going up".

The team never let the goal affect them either. It many respects it was the best away performance I have seen for a good few seasons, as we attacked with pace on both flanks, Dunk on a number of occasions made Lawrensonesque drives from his own half into that of the opposition with the ball.

Birmingham were chasing shadows most of the match, with Stephens in particular everywhere, and had it not been for a superb save from Tommy K (who got a decent reception from the away contingent), Hemed would have scored our goal of the season after a FLAIRFEST from Bruno and Skalak on the right flank.

It was of course amazing to see the home support, whose noise was the equivalent to a fly farting, show that Andy Naylor's assessment of the Amex creating a crap atmosphere being proved right once again.

The countdown to Forest has begun, can't wait.

Well, apart from several loud & choruses of "He shagged Oscar's wife, he shagged Oscar's wife/ Tomasz Kuszczak, he shagged Oscar's wife" that is.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, apart from several loud & choruses of "He shagged Oscar's wife, he shagged Oscar's wife/ Tomasz Kuszczak, he shagged Oscar's wife" that is.

and 'she's got a big Pole..........'

....otherwise agree with El Pres - our half time chatter was that we hadn't been that great, but we still weren't losing and weren't actually that worried and as it turned out we should have killed the game in the first 15/20 of the second half. It was only (again !) the last 15 mins or so things got tense, and the last-minute corner (their first I think ?) filled us with a due sense of dread - real irony that we really should have scored from it ! The atmosphere quietened a bit with 20 to go - it's definitely the tension.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Followed by

"He's coming for you, he's coming for youuuuuuuuuuuu, Oscar Garcia, he's coming for you" to TK. But those songs were sung with affection not malice IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you want to have another go at that?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

..and..."Tomasz, Tomasz, show us your cock....",

and... "...stayed at big club. You should have......",

and "...he's coming for you, he's coming for you-ooo; Oscar Garcia....",

and "...you're shit, AARRGGG...",

and, from one bloke who actually seemed to genuinely dislike him "....you useless Polish winker..."

Yep, I'd say PiG got a warm welcome :wink:

Otherwise, I'd agree with El P - a very satisfactory evening, although the last 20 minutes were a tad nerve-wracking, even against such a poor side...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How can we get our fans (away fans and North stand) to keep singing? If they stop with 20 minutes to go, that will affect the players.

Chicken and egg. The singing stopped because we dropped off them and sat deep, which, frankly scares the beejesus out of us. If we kept playing the way we did for the first 70, I think the singing would continue. Instead, it's "oh bugger...now they're going to score, aren't they?" for 20 minutes...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chicken and egg.
The egg came before the chicken. Can't believe you need telling, I thought better of you.
The singing stopped because we dropped off them and sat deep, which, frankly scares the beejesus out of us. If we kept playing the way we did for the first 70, I think the singing would continue.
Of course, but (and it's not easy) the leading groups of the fans need to keep singing anyway, otherwise the players will notice the fans have gone quiet and they'll get nervous.

Yes the fans would sing again if the players started playing better, but they can't just magically do that. The fans can sing though, even when it's not going well, and that's the only way we can influence the result. I know it's not easy, I don't feel like singing when things are bad, but then I'm normally sober. We need our spirited leaders to do their job and lead. They're more important than they realise.

Followed by

"He's coming for you, he's coming for youuuuuuuuuuuu, Oscar Garcia, he's coming for you" to TK. But those songs were sung with affection not malice IMO.

It would be nice for us to be in a confident position to sing some promissory but non-affectionate South London variants of this at the Riverside next month? Lots of personnel (past and present), facilities(!), haircuts, written off debts etc to play around with.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
..and..."Tomasz, Tomasz, show us your cock....",

and... "...stayed at big club. You should have......",

and "...he's coming for you, he's coming for you-ooo; Oscar Garcia....",

and "...you're shit, AARRGGG...",

and, from one bloke who actually seemed to genuinely dislike him "....you useless Polish winker..."

Yep, I'd say PiG got a warm welcome :wink:

Otherwise, I'd agree with El P - a very satisfactory evening, although the last 20 minutes were a tad nerve-wracking, even against such a poor side...

On a broader note, after a couple of dubious tackles / assaults that were waved away by the ref, started the eloquent chant:
Solo: "Get into 'em"
All: "F**k 'em up"

This was kept going for several minutes before solo man ended it with: "Thank you"
Raised a titter ....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here