Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full credit to CH

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Felt very jittery when I saw last nights team selection but full credit to Chris, he rang the changes and, if it weren't for an unfortunate Stockdale blunder and a wonder save from PIG it could have been three nil in a game that we all thought was going to be tough. Thanks Chris, and hold your nerve mate, we're nearly there.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
our squad and specifically in midfield areas is so strong its a great idea to freshen things up when games come thick and fast.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The fact that we could win an away game against a team still vying for the Play-offs, and rest our two first choice wingers at the same time, really shows a) the strength in depth that we've got in the squad and b) CH's nouse as a manager.

We're right back in it. Bring on the run-in.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
our squad and specifically in midfield areas is so strong its a great idea to freshen things up when games come thick and fast.

This was my main thought last night.
Now we have an almost fit squad last night showed that we can use different players to suit who we are playing home or away and still play very well and get results this will really help for the remaining games.
OK so it does not work all the time with subs to protect a 1 goal lead but that is slightly different and hopefully won't happen again.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Full credit to CH who proved a lot of people wrong - but I don't think you can say it would be 3-0. People always like to use that kind of argument but it doesn't make any sense. If we hadn't gone behind when we did, anything could have happened - it might have ended 0-0, or they might have scored a late winner.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
Always got a good feeling when Murphy and Knockaert are rested ready and fresh for the Monday night showdown. Also giving Kaz, Sidwell and Skalak much needed game time ready to come in and make a difference over the next six games (and beyond.....)

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Full credit to CH who proved a lot of people wrong - but I don't think you can say it would be 3-0. People always like to use that kind of argument but it doesn't make any sense. If we hadn't gone behind when we did, anything could have happened - it might have ended 0-0, or they might have scored a late winner.

Read my post again, I didn't say 'would be' I said 'could have been'

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Read my post again, I didn't say 'would be' I said 'could have been'

Sure, it could have been 3-0, just like it could have been literally any other result considering it was 0-0 at the time of Stockdale's error - so it's a pretty pointless statement to make.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Sure, it could have been 3-0, just like it could have been literally any other result considering it was 0-0 at the time of Stockdale's error - so it's a pretty pointless statement to make.

So don't bother commenting. Particularly don't bother commenting and misquoting me.

el punal

I'll put my hand up again, I thought the line up looked poor last night, I guess this is why Hughton is a quality football manager and I'm not.

And that applies to 28,402 of us. The number of home fans at the Burnley game, some who thought that they could do a better job than CH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here