Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports - Dunk "Keeping Albion's Play Off Hopes Alive" What?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How can last nights winner be described in this way? Sounds like we're in 6th place 1 point ahead of the chasing pack, bl00dy idiots!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Don't be so defensive. It's nothing personal. They just don't know what they're doing and need to generate opinions to a deadline.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Still slipping along under the radar. The sun featured match previews for the 3 sides chasing automatic promotion yesterday, Burnley, boro and Hull.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Yeah it was pretty funny last night, before the game it was all about Boro and Burnley and when the match was over the discussion was about Boro, Burnley and Derby. In fact virtually no mention of the Albion at all :albion2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fantastic stuff.

Hughton couldn't pay the press enough to do what they're doing. We've got to be chuffed to bits with the coverage we're getting.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If you think this is bad now you wait until we (Fingers crossed! One day soon!) become a Premier League side.

We could be sniffing around the top two and Sky and it's pundits would still write us off.

Nobody see's Brighton as a big club, and nobody outside of Brighton is interested in reading or hearing about us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
'Alive' in that we could lose the next 6 and we'd probably still make the play offs!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
If you think this is bad now you wait until we (Fingers crossed! One day soon!) become a Premier League side.

We could be sniffing around the top two and Sky and it's pundits would still write us off.

Nobody see's Brighton as a big club, and nobody outside of Brighton is interested in reading or hearing about us.

I want us to be plucky little Brighton in the Premier league, a bit raffish and unpredictable, but with a heart of gold.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fantastic stuff.

Hughton couldn't pay the press enough to do what they're doing. We've got to be chuffed to bits with the coverage we're getting.
Agree with this. It is only a "marginal gain" but the absence of media fuelled hype around our players must be an advantage in terms of them maintaining their positive focus on one game at a time.

Burnley players felt the need to throw their shirts in the crowd and practically celebrate promotion on Saturday. Last night Dyche had to face interview questions about the wheels coming off at the wrong time and how they could arrest their drop in form having taken only 3pts out of the last 9....

I love this Albion team and manager. Skilful, committed, professional and seemingly decent blokes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was listening to the radio on the way back last night......Burnley, Boro, Hull, Derby.......then talk about the bottom teams.......we seem not to exist.........

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
How can last nights winner be described in this way? Sounds like we're in 6th place 1 point ahead of the chasing pack, bl00dy idiots!

To be honest, I quite enjoy this kind of thing. When we were at home to Bristol City in October, one of the previews started with "City have the chance to lift themselves out of the relegation places this evening as they travel to the South Coast etc etc". A feeling of righteous indignation is not entirely unpleasant.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
All season, the media – Sky, especially – have treated Albion like upstart gatecrashers to a party that only the grown-ups are allowed to attend.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the management have done a stunning job of keeping the players collective feet on the ground, while at the same time quietly going about their business.

There have been no over exuberant interviews, or premature quotes, like that of Michael Keane after Saturdays game where he was quoted as saying that Burnley now want to go on and win the league, as if they had already achieved promotion!

Keep plugging away, and you just never know what might happen to such a nice, tightly knit team, with no mega egos!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

I think Lesta have re-written the rule book on that!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Also the media are doing the team talks for Chris. Long my it continue and long may this team give the media the Spanish archer

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I want us to be plucky little Brighton in the Premier league, a bit raffish and unpredictable, but with a heart of gold.

I did like the comment the other day (think it was on Sky) that was along the lines of

'If Brighton manage to get to the Premier League it will be one of the biggest rags to riches stories of all time'

I think IF we do go up, the press coverage will be massive and bigger than that of the winners (if we come second)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think the management have done a stunning job of keeping the players collective feet on the ground, while at the same time quietly going about their business.

There have been no over exuberant interviews, or premature quotes, like that of Michael Keane after Saturdays game where he was quoted as saying that Burnley now want to go on and win the league, as if they had already achieved promotion!

Keep plugging away, and you just never know what might happen to such a nice, tightly knit team, with no mega egos![/QUOTE

Don't you mean this:

One who has a stiff upper lip displays fortitude in the face of adversity, or exercises great self-restraint in the expression of emotion.[1] The phrase is most commonly heard as part of the idiom "keep a stiff upper lip", and has traditionally been used to describe an attribute of British people, who are sometimes perceived by other cultures as being unemotional.[1] A sign of weakness is trembling of the upper lip, hence the saying keep a stiff upper lip. When a person's upper lip begins to tremble, it is one of the first signs that the person is scared or shaken by experiencing deep emotion.[2]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here