Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Brighton & Hove Albion are tracking Juan Villar"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ballague is pretty astute normally - not known for making things up. But do we need another winger?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Adequate

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Ballague is pretty astute normally - not known for making things up. But do we need another winger?

I would hope that the club keeps tabs on players in all positions. If Hughton decides that one of his current players isn't up to scratch, or someone comes in with a good bid for one, we shouldn't then be starting from scratch on bringing in a new player.

Follow Lyon's moneyball approach; have a regularly updated list of players you keep track of that are at least as good as the player they'd be replacing, if not better, while not costing much.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Valladolid are my Spanish team - I watch any stream I can of them, and have seen them live quite a few times. Vilar's a decent player, but I wouldn't suggest he's any better than Murphy, the Mighty Skalak or Knockaert. Player I most like in that side is Roger, the forward. He's a good player.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Valladolid are my Spanish team - I watch any stream I can of them, and have seen them live quite a few times. Vilar's a decent player, but I wouldn't suggest he's any better than Murphy, the Mighty Skalak or Knockaert. Player I most like in that side is Roger, the forward. He's a good player.

Roger the forward? Oo er misses

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
a replacement for Knocky if he goes to Watford? He also sounds like he can play in a forward role?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Possibly, narly. He certainly has an eye for goal - scored a very good hattrick away to Oviedo recently.. He'd be a good signing, for sure, but in an area in which the squad's already pretty congested.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I guess it's a case of looking whether the new signing would be for us potentially getting to the prem.

If we go up we will need some more quality across a few aspects of the pitch.

No harm in us getting this guy in if CH has decided that LuaLua isn't up to the Prem or if he thinks Solly will be out longer than expected.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

I'm happy to go with your apathy and dismiss all this as baseless rumour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here