Kayal 8
Lua Lua 5
Skalak 8
Sidwell 6.5
Hemed 7.5

Wilson 5
Murphy 6

Sounds a bit harsh on Stockdale.

From the radio the goal was his fault without a doubt, but was he poor the whole game?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

From the radio the goal was his fault without a doubt, but was he poor the whole game?

He didn't have huge amounts to do, but he didn't play well at all last night. Some dicey moments including a throw out straight to their attacker.

Really soft goal to concede which has to go down as a poor keeping error.

A rare bad day at the office for him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I remember hearing he made another ricket, when he threw the ball out and it bounced off a Brum player into a dangerous position.
Other than that I don't think he had any other contribution to the game really.

The OP may have an axe to grind against DS, but no way should anyone be giving him above 4.5, IMO

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale 5
Bruno 7
Dunk 8 (m o m)
Goldson 8
Rosenior 6
Skalak 8
Sidwell 7
Kayal 6
Stephens 8
Lualua 5
Hemed 8

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
God to see that Stephens is back in form and carrying on from his fine performance on Saturday.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
I's very good that we've won in a game where ostensibly our goalkeeper has had a bit of a 'mare. Hopefully that wis his worst performance of the season and he can improve over the next six crucial games.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 5
Bruno 9.5
Dunk 8
Goldson 8
Rosenior 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 9
Skilak 6
Kaz 6
Sidwell 7
Hemed 7

Subs:
Murphy 7
Wilson 5

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stockdale 5
Bruno 9.5
Dunk 8
Goldson 8
Rosenior 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 9
Skilak 6
Kaz 6
Sidwell 7
Hemed 7

Subs:
Murphy 7
Wilson 5

I would agree with these, aside from Skalak, whose awesome delivery of set plays alone earns him a 7.

Dunk was immense yesterday, possibly the best I have seen him play, against a seasoned international (Lafferty) and a dangerous handful (Donaldson).

PG

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I would agree with these, aside from Skalak, whose awesome delivery of set plays alone earns him a 7.

Dunk was immense yesterday, possibly the best I have seen him play, against a seasoned international (Lafferty) and a dangerous handful (Donaldson).

PG

Skalak from c.8 dead ball situations put in 6 quality set pieces which asked questions of the Birmingham back line.

He's not the most aesthetically pleasing winger i.e he struggles to beat full backs his dribbling is pretty poor. But when you have a delivery like his, you just need half a yard or a set piece.

Apart from the assists he put in a good shift and worked well with Bruno. Our right side was easily our most productive with Lua Lua & uncharacteristically Rosenior under performing.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale 5.5 - couple of lapses of concentration could have cost us, did well on crosses.
Bruno 8.5 - outstanding AGAIN. Too good for them.
Dunk 9 - MOTM for me, magnificent performance
Goldson 8.5 - shaded by Dunk as MOTM. Fantastic pairing.
Rosenior 7 - solid, always a threat going forward
Kayal 7 - but quiet, not surprised after Saturday
Stephens 8 - great game
Skilak 7.5 - stunning delivery from wide, we will always get chances when he's on
Kaz 6 - did ok but tired after an hour
Sidwell 7 - best performance since he arrived
Hemed 7.5 - grafted as usual, almost scored a stunner

Subs:
Murphy 6.5 - looked off the pace
Wilson 5 - should have scored, didn't offer a lot

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Stockdale 5.5 - couple of lapses of concentration could have cost us, did well on crosses.
Bruno 8.5 - outstanding AGAIN. Too good for them.
Dunk 9 - MOTM for me, magnificent performance
Goldson 8.5 - shaded by Dunk as MOTM. Fantastic pairing.
Rosenior 7 - solid, always a threat going forward
Kayal 7 - but quiet, not surprised after Saturday
Stephens 8 - great game
Skilak 7.5 - stunning delivery from wide, we will always get chances when he's on
Kaz 6 - did ok but tired after an hour
Sidwell 7 - best performance since he arrived
Hemed 7.5 - grafted as usual, almost scored a stunner

Subs:
Murphy 6.5 - looked off the pace
Wilson 5 - should have scored, didn't offer a lot

Spot on. Dunk was clear MOTM, even being forward most player on a second half charge; a decent delivery to him could have resulted in a classic volleyed goal. Sidwell seems to be getting a grip of the Brighton way.

Would give CH 8.5 for having balls to change team that outclassed Burnley. Would be 9 but for leaving KLL on too long when he was clearly struggling.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stockdale 5.5
Bruno 8
Dunk 8.5
Goldson 8
Rosenior 7
Kayal 7
Stephens 8
Skilak 7.5
Kaz 6.5
Sidwell 7
Hemed 7.5

Subs:
Murphy 6
Wilson 5

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

PG

Fair comment, I was a bit harsh on Skalak, should be a 7.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Spot on. Dunk was clear MOTM, even being forward most player on a second half charge; a decent delivery to him could have resulted in a classic volleyed goal. Sidwell seems to be getting a grip of the Brighton way.

Would give CH 8.5 for having balls to change team that outclassed Burnley. Would be 9 but for leaving KLL on too long when he was clearly struggling.

Knockeart was getting the rave reviews on Saturday. CH drops him and brings in Skalak, who makes both goals. 10/10 for me.

PG

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Knockeart was getting the rave reviews on Saturday. CH drops him and brings in Skalak, who makes both goals. 10/10 for me.

PG

Very smart move (with hindsight :D) - Knocky ran himself into the ground on Saturday, will now be fresh for Monday (if selected, obviously)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stockdale 6 -at fault for the goal but also clawed away a goal bound deflected shot that would have cost us the win
Bruno 8.5 - MOM another masterclass. Sheer quality
Goldson 8 - looking more of a talent every game. Defended well. Broke forward quickly (although pass selection might need some work) and a threat in the opposition area
Dunk 8 - an error free performance and a good goal
Rosenior 7 - good defensively and excellent overlapping
Stephens 8 - involved in everything
Kayal 7 - battled every inch of the way
Sidwell 7- did well. Influential performance pushing us forward
LuaLua 7 - trademark feints outside and got the ball into threatening areas. Tired understandably
Skalak 8 - a real harrier. Never stopped running and boy can he cross a ball.Will score before long
Hemed 7 - worked his socks off and had a brilliant overhead kick tipped onto the post

Subs:
Murphy - 7 looked really dangerous and unlucky not to score when he scuffed his shot after a brilliant run
Wilson -6 still looks off colour - he cdidn't get up to pace and how he managed not to score at the very end........least said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here