Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 points from the next four

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's far from out of the question isn't it?

Blimey.

would be nice. Almost certainly ain't going to happen though - though where we'll pick up points and where we'll lose 'em is anybody's guess!

87 points with two to play wouldn't be a bad place to be, though!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Be more convinced of this if we could close out a game with 20+ to play slightly more often.
We're not the only ones who fail to close out games. Derby were 3-0 up against Rotherham with 7 minutes to go, and they still didn't win.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It can happen, it really can happen. After Saturday's last minute gutter I was down, but seeing the performance tonight I am starting to believe again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It can happen, it really can happen. After Saturday's last minute gutter I was down, but seeing the performance tonight I am starting to believe again.

Pretty much where I am.

Forest are woeful with nothing to play for, Fulham and QPR at home are great fixtures for us and Charlton will probably be down by the time we go there.

It's time to kick on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I
Pretty much where I am.

Forest are woeful with nothing to play for, Fulham and QPR at home are great fixtures for us and Charlton will probably be down by the time we go there.

It's time to kick on.

In the club's 115 year history we've never once won five straight games at this level.

Would be the stuff of dreams, for sure, but can't see it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the club's 115 year history we've never once won five straight games at this level.

Would be the stuff of dreams, for sure, but can't see it.
It was an excellent result tonight, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. It's highly unlikely we'll be getting 4 wins.

I can't really see us getting 3 more points in the next 6 games than Burnley, it would be an amazing effort.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It's all about momentum now. Wins produce more wins, draws and defeats induce jitters and wobbles Who blinks first? Looks like Hull already did.

It might just be our year.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
April 19th is going to be a MASSIVE evening in the promotion race.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'd be amazed if we took 12 points out of the next four matches. That would involve five straight victories and that just doesn't seem to be our style. A shame, as 12 out of 12 really would put us in the box seat going into the final two matches. However, the next few matches do look like an opportunity to press on so let's see if we can go for the jugular.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It was an excellent result tonight, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. It's highly unlikely we'll be getting 4 wins.

I can't really see us getting 3 more points in the next 6 games than Burnley, it would be an amazing effort.

Think that largely depends on Burnley's result against Boro - that could be a game changer, depending on how our results have gone until then! Personally I have us down for a draw against Forest then 4 straight wins. That would take us into the final game against Boro needing a win for promotion - having said that, I am sure there will be surprise points dropped by all the teams along the way.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
A tough ask 12 points from the next four games, but isn't everything tough in this league. Yes we can do it, combine that with Boro beating Burnley in a few weeks time & it makes the last two games we have at home to Derby & finally away to Boro possibly the biggest two games in our history.. Just how nice would it be to go to Boro on the final day with both teams knowing if they play out a draw we both go up automatically. I've now entered fairyland I know, but stranger things have happen. :albion2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Both Boro and Burnley have to try and emulate what we did last night and win at Birmingham still. Never an easy game at St Andrews

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Both Boro and Burnley have to try and emulate what we did last night and win at Birmingham still. Never an easy game at St Andrews
Although ironically since our win last night, those games just got considerably easier.

If 4-4-2 isn't an option I can't see 12 points to the good guys.
Fortunately I can't see Burnley picking up more than us either, but Boro will have one foot in the premier league.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I'm feeling a bit more confident after last night. Came from behind to win away for 1st time this season (I think). Played other than 442 and won for 1st time this season. Maybe now there is more to our game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here