Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BZ injury

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I've heard rumours from a couple of different sources that BZ is more than likely out for the rest of the season. Here's hoping we can get over the line with the options remaining.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would guess that would be retirement then?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It does appear very weird that he has suddenly not featured for a while.

I know he is getting on a bit but he isn't exactly ancient and was never exactly known for his blistering pace.

Is it just a case of him not looking after himself during his career and therefore having to be looked after a bit better? Or does he have some underlying issue?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If there were any truth in this RUMOUR, for me resigning BZ would have to count as a failure.
A very expensive failure if the team don't get over the line, in May.

Fingers crossed this is wrong as he's only an important goal or two away from being a massive success.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If there were any truth in this RUMOUR, for me resigning BZ would have to count as a failure.
A very expensive failure if the team don't get over the line, in May.

Fingers crossed this is wrong as he's only an important goal or two away from being a massive success.

Not sure I'd agree with that. 7 goals, all of which were key.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bruno Salter
DOB: 01/10/1980
League games started 2015/16 season: 39

Bobby Zamora
DOB: 16/01/1981
League games started 2015/16 season: 10

Just saying like, still love Bobby Z, but there seems to be an acre between him and Bruno when it comes to longevity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure I'd agree with that. 7 goals, all of which were key.
But signing BZ has already lead to one period of time where Tomer has had to be flogged like a dead horse.
With another one approaching.

I'd wonder if you, and I'm sure many others, would be so keen to defend Mr A Striker.

As said I don't think there's much in it.
We're all waiting for 'the' goal :wink: Which let's face it, scoring 'that' one could be his first of the season and his signing would still be a success.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The official line is that he took a knock in training. Until I hear otherwise, that's it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It wasn't that long ago against Huddersfield, where he headed a corner away, ran the full length of the pitch, and finished expertly in a great move.

Since then, I haven't seen any bad tackles that would have caused him many problems. So, puzzling to me why he is not in the shape that he was a few months ago, and at least free to come on from the bench.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It wasn't that long ago against Huddersfield, where he headed a corner away, ran the full length of the pitch, and finished expertly in a great move.

Since then, I haven't seen any bad tackles that would have caused him many problems. So, puzzling to me why he is not in the shape that he was a few months ago, and at least free to come on from the bench.

Probably went out on the lash with Leon Knight.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The official line is that he took a knock in training. Until I hear otherwise, that's it.
He was clutching his side a bit against Wednesday and we haven't seen him since.

But the indications were that he'd be back soon and was close for Burnley, so maybe he had a slight setback.

I'm still confident we'll see him again and maybe for Forest or Fulham.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
The last 2 times he's played he's been offside more times than our friend Elvis. No great lose unless we reach the play off finals against Derby then he's good to go :)

scooter1

How soon is now?
His 7 goals have all had some significance, and so in that respect his re-signing has been a success. The club always knew he was fragile and have done well to get some quality(not quantity) game time from him. At present its just rumour, and nothing more....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The team have won so many games by the odd goal, just about every goal scored by every player has been significant.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If a player is injured, even if the club deny it, there is *always* a rumour that they are thus out for the rest of the season. Always.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The team have won so many games by the odd goal, just about every goal scored by every player has been significant.

Of course. Without Bobby's 7 goals though we'd be about 12 points worse off. A fair few of those I'm pretty confident none of or other strikers would have scored. Not sure he could be considered a failure.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here