Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] KAYAL RELISHES MIDFIELD BATTLES

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The Israeli international enjoys the full-throttle nature of the Championship.

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Beram Kayal expects every central midfield battle in the Sky Bet Championship to be powerful and challenging.The Israeli international was involved in several challenges in Saturday’s draw against Burnley and claimed that all midfielders enjoy the hard-hitting battles in the engine room of the pitch.
He said, “I expected a physical battle on Saturday and I enjoyed it, it was a great game and great performance.
“In football there are tough games and tough tackles and I enjoyed it like a midfielder should. I was happy to fight for my team.
“There are a lot of great central midfielders in this league and I have had a lot of challenges this season and one of them was on Saturday.
“There was an individual battle between myself and Joey Barton. He did something to me but that is football and I accept that.
“After the match we spoke about stuff and of course football. We said good luck to each other and that was that.
“I am happy to be at this level of football and making challenges with people like him.
“If you go onto to YouTube and type 'Beram Kayal' you will see challenges like that also, I have given a few in my time. I look forward to the next battle on Tuesday night.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Kayal has captained Celtic, scored in the Champions League and represented his country on a number of occasions, but the talented midfielder believes gaining promotion to the Premier League with Brighton would top his list of achievements.“I have achieved great things at my old clubs and they gave me fantastic opportunities but to achieve promotion here with Brighton would be the biggest accomplishment for myself and of course the club.
“We are ready for the Premier League and it will be history to remember for everyone, the staff, the players, and the fans.
“We have a long way to go; we need to work hard in the last seven games and we are in a good position in the league. Promotion is the dream and we need to work hard to achieve that.
Kayal has suffered long-term injuries in his career with the stand-out one being at Celtic, but this season under Chris Hughton, the Israeli has only missed three matches this season.
“I missed a few years of my career through injuries and that makes me feel bad sometimes. When I play football I enjoy it and don’t think about injuries. That bad moment in my career, it's history.
“A football career is short and no one will play until they’re 50, a few at 40, me being one of them!
“I am good, fit and ready for the last seven games and we are all looking forward to the Birmingham match.”
[h=3]ALBION V FULHAM
[/h]FRIDAY 15TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V QPR
[/h]TUESDAY 19TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V DERBY COUNTY
[/h]MONDAY 2ND MAY, KICK-OFF 2.30PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here