Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford after Knockaert

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Report in today's Sun newspaper stating Watford will be in for him if we do not make the Premiership.
A figure of £5 million detailed in report.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If we don't go up we need to try our best to keep Knockaert, Kayal, Stephens, Dunk and Goldson!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Add Bong and maybe Murphy, March & Stockdale to the list of players who may be poached by Premier League teams if we stay in the 2nd tier.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Problem is with the huge increase in TV money, the price where we would be prepared to sell is likely to be met with loose change from the TV deal. It will be extremely difficult to stand firm particularly if the player also wants to go

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Kayal I'm not so sure about. Immensely valuable to us. Not certain there would be a queue of potential suitors with big cheques

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Add Bong and maybe Murphy, March & Stockdale to the list of players who may be poached by Premier League teams if we stay in the 2nd tier.
I can't see anyone taking a risk on March. The most people outside of BHA will know about him was that he had two very good months before suffering an injury, which, for a winger, has the potential to have a impact on his future career. Let's hope it doesn't.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we miss out, bids from Premier League Clubs are inevitable.

Knockaert and Kayal are the 2 stand out performers and most at risk i would imagine, if you have good players teams will be interested

Not worth worrying about just yet

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I am pretty sure that the majority of Watford fans absolutely hate him.

I know the ones I work with do. His dive in the playoffs that won a penalty for Leicester still angers the, (even though it acted as a form of assist for them to go up the other end and score once it was saved)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£5m would be turned down, but I expect more would then be offered.

The most people outside of BHA will know about him was that he had two very good months before suffering an injury, which, for a winger, has the potential to have a impact on his future career.
That's all I know too :shrug:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Out of interest - why do you think that?

Few things really but including the fee we got him for and his past injury record. Just don't think anyone would pay much north of 2 million for him. I'm probably ridiculously wrong and in the minority though

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Triple it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Few things really but including the fee we got him for and his past injury record. Just don't think anyone would pay much north of 2 million for him. I'm probably ridiculously wrong and in the minority though

Yep you are ridiculously wrong ;-)

A season and a half now injury free, and still mid 20's, 5 million would be an opening bid.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yep you are ridiculously wrong ;-)

A season and a half now injury free, and still mid 20's, 5 million would be an opening bid.

Agree with that. Main concern for me is that Kayal, Stephens, Stockdale and Bong all only have a year left on their deals. If we don't go up and one of them wants to move on, we might be left with no choice but to accept a bid or risk losing them for nothing a year later. Hopefully we're discussing new deals with all of them at the moment!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we miss out, bids from Premier League Clubs are inevitable.

Knockaert and Kayal are the 2 stand out performers and most at risk i would imagine, if you have good players teams will be interested

Not worth worrying about just yet

It's not worth worrying about ever. We don't sell players on the cheap, and if one or two of this year's squad are sold in the summer, it'll mean a large transfer kitty for CH and the recruitment team to play with. And their record of player recruitment is very good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here