Dyche calls for goal-line tech [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]By PA Sport[/h]Last Updated: 02/04/16 6:29pm

QCdjB5HwFOTaWQ8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
QCdjB5HwFOTaWQ8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Burnley appeared to be denied a crucial goal in their against Brighton

Burnley boss Sean Dyche called for goal-line technology to be used in the Sky Bet Championship after the leaders were controversially denied a late goal against Brighton.
Trailing 2-1 at the Amex Stadium with two minutes remaining, a header by Clarets defender Michael Keane clearly crossed the line but was not given by referee Craig Pawson.
Keane did have the final word, however, by powering in a header from a corner by substitute Matthew Taylor in stoppage time to rescue a 2-2 draw and keep his side three points clear at the summit.
Brighton had been the better side for long periods and Dale Stephens put them ahead before Andre Gray levelled with his 21st goal of the season. French winger Anthony Knockaert restored the Seagulls' advantage on the stroke of half-time.
Dyche felt Keane's goal that never was provided a perfect example that goal-line technology was needed, saying: "It was a clear goal and it has to be viewed properly.
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Brighton and Burnley

"I will only imagine that the technology will drip-feed into the Championship. There is so much at stake in the Championship and this is a great example.
"That has got to be given as a goal. When it is that obvious, it has to be officiated properly."
Dyche praised the mentally of his side to keep going and stretch their unbeaten league run to 16 games.
burnley-michael-keane-brighton-sky-bet-championship_3441337.jpg
burnley-michael-keane-brighton-sky-bet-championship_3441337.jpg

Burnley Michael Keane celebrates his late equaliser

He added: "At half-time I wasn't disappointed because I thought we'd be strong over 90-plus minutes.
"It wasn't luck that we got the equaliser - we got it by design.We were in the ascendancy and Brighton were playing counter-attacking football in the last 30 minutes."
Brighton boss Chris Hughton felt his side played as well as they have done for some time and had no doubt they should have taken maximum points before a season's high Amex crowd of 29,683.
dale-stephens-brighton-burnley-sky-bet-championship_3441270.jpg
dale-stephens-brighton-burnley-sky-bet-championship_3441270.jpg

Dale Stephens of Brighton celebrates his opener at the Amex Stadium

"My biggest disappointment is that we needed to take our chances more," he said. "It is frustrating and it was a game we should have won.
"Burnley have a physicality up front and they can mix up their game, but we could have put the match miles out of sight.
"I never saw it as a must-win game but I was delighted with the performance against a top, top team. No-one can accuse us of not trying to win."
chris-hughton-brighton-sky-bet-championship-football_3389923.jpg
chris-hughton-brighton-sky-bet-championship-football_3389923.jpg

Brighton manager Chris Hughton thought his side could have taken maximum points

The Seagulls remain in third place with seven games to play and Hughton is heartened by their seven-match unbeaten streak.
"We managed to score two goals and create numerous chances and I draw encouragement from the performance," he added.
"We deserved to win the game but don't have time to dwell on it as we play at Birmingham on Tuesday. This was as well as we've played for a while and we can certainly draw some plusses from the performance."
160.png
183.png

[h=3]Burnley vs Leeds[/h]
April 9, 2016, 12:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here