Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London - Birmingham trains are fubar today

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Overhead line problems between Coventry and Birmingham and a freight train awaiting crew at Northampton causing massive disruption to trains between London and Brum today.

Typical.

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
National rail saying should be resolved by 3pm but we shall see. Otherwise lots of people will have to work a different route

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great.. just about to set off, on the 1.45 Euston to Brum

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Try Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street then. Cheaper.

You can also then get a train back from Moor Street to Bordesley (only open on match days, and ten/fifteen minutes walk from St. Andrews). They might even be stopping the London trains at Bordesley, but I don't know if they do.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
FFS

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone with a London Midland ticket - these are being accepted on the Chiltern line service from Marylebone too. You can also use your ticket for getting the tube from Euston to Marylebone. It's says on the LM service the delays will last until 6pm.

Yoda

English & European
If you haven't set off yet, although a longer journey, I have gone via Southampton in the past. The only trouble is they have changed the time table lately so is about a 40 minute wait for the connecting train at Southampton Central. The train is direct from here and goes via Reading & Oxford avoiding the line with the issue.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On a Marylebone service rather than going to Euston. 2 hours-ish to Birmingham Moor street, loads of empty seats and space.

And free Wifi throughout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here