Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno on 90 minutes, Saturday, pure class

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
What a game - a noble tragedy - we were all feeling gutted (still am).

At the final whistle there was mild handbags at the north end, Knocky, Barton etc and then the players started to meander off to the tunnel, also feeling gutted for sure.

Bruno then comes out from the dug-out to clap the remaining fans who'd stayed on to applaud the team.

Pure class.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How is his injury ......anyone know ?

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
He did some skill on sat vicente would of been proud of dont get to the amex much but on sat he was just wow ,thought hemed was great to worked his socks of

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to post to ask if anyone had video footage of when the great man left the field, as the reception sounded very, very loud from where I was standing and shouting.

Am I right in thinking that those were the first minutes of league football he has missed all season? Extraordinary player and one of my favourite all-time Albion players now I think.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I had him down as man of the match on Saturday. A faultless performance.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What a game - a noble tragedy - we were all feeling gutted (still am).

At the final whistle there was mild handbags at the north end, Knocky, Barton etc and then the players started to meander off to the tunnel, also feeling gutted for sure.

Bruno then comes out from the dug-out to clap the remaining fans who'd stayed on to applaud the team.

Pure class.

Not just plaudits coming from here on NSC.
Even Birmingham has his admirers :thumbsup:

http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=441357

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
He is a superb player. I have no idea what went through his head to move to us from Valencia. He could easily have played top flight football. Whatever the reason we are all thankfull!

He does play top-flight football...

For us!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
He is a superb player. I have no idea what went through his head to move to us from Valencia. He could easily have played top flight football. Whatever the reason we are all thankfull!

Yes let's be grateful.

el punal

I was going to post to ask if anyone had video footage of when the great man left the field, as the reception sounded very, very loud from where I was standing and shouting.

Am I right in thinking that those were the first minutes of league football he has missed all season? Extraordinary player and one of my favourite all-time Albion players now I think.
Where I was, in the West Upper D Block, everyone around me stood up and gave the biggest, longest round of applause I've witnessed for a player coming off - and thoroughly deserved too!

Jan 10, 2014
Actually not faultless, he made ?three uncharacteristic errors, but only noticeable because his standards are so very high.

Was him being at fault for Burnley's first goal, one of the three errors you mention?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
And to think I bet nobody had him down as a regular starter this season, realistically we have 2 of the best right backs in the division in our squad.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In the first half he did a little trick where he went past the defender in the sw corner. Not sure what he did, but one minute he had a defender to beat, next second he appeared to have re materialised goal side. Would love to see that again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was him being at fault for Burnley's first goal, one of the three errors you mention?

Odd interpretation that. He was goal side of Ward, who fell back into him -presumably looking for a penalty - and blocked Bruno's route to the ball. What could he have done?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

He came off at half time in one match relatively recently, think it may have been Preston or Bristol City.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the first half he did a little trick where he went past the defender in the sw corner. Not sure what he did, but one minute he had a defender to beat, next second he appeared to have re materialised goal side. Would love to see that again.

The first touch Cruyff turn, as the ball came down from the sky (right in front of the dug outs) was possibly the single greatest moment of skill I've ever seen from an Albion player. Simply incredible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here