Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we a bunch of girls blouses.?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I thought the Burnley game was probably the best game I have seen at the Amex. Loads of fans think the ref was useless, Barton was an assassin, Naylor is a plonker for defending Barton etc etc. I remember games full of of thuggery and controversy from the the sixties and seventies which would have made Saturday's game seem like a friendly kick about.
Fans these days think that a blood and thunder tackle should be a red card and slag off all and sundry and go nuts if the player gives some wind up back at the crowd.
Excitement and passion is what it's all about for me and the Burnley game had it in spades. Can't wait for the last 7 games.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I thought the Burnley game was probably the best game I have seen at the Amex. Loads of fans think the ref was useless, Barton was an assassin, Naylor is a plonker for defending Barton etc etc. I remember games full of of thuggery and controversy from the the sixties and seventies which would have made Saturday's game seem like a friendly kick about.
Fans these days think that a blood and thunder tackle should be a red card and slag off all and sundry and go nuts if the player gives some wind up back at the crowd.
Excitement and passion is what it's all about for me and the Burnley game had it in spades. Can't wait for the last 7 games.

Are you related to Mr Barton :moo:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
No but I Like some aggression in the game. Every tackle gets calls for yellow and red cards these days. Grow some I say.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

And if you tell that to the young people today, they wont believe you

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't be a ****......I have been supporting the Albion for 60 years.

Nonsense. That makes you over 60. Far too old to know how to initiate a thread on NSC. I suspect you're Ben's grandad's dad (i.e., a 50 year old Palace troll).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I normally don't bother to post because I end up having rediculous discussions like this.

Well stop writing crap then. The games changed. I'll see if I can find some old Pathe news footage for you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Sorry, but that would have got a red card in the '60's or '70's too. You've never been allowed to stamp on someone. There was nothing blood and thunder about it, it was a sly dirty stamp.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No but I Like some aggression in the game. Every tackle gets calls for yellow and red cards these days. Grow some I say.

What are you talking about fer Chrissake? If you don't believe football has become dirtier and more cynical over the past decade you must be living on the Planet Moomin?
I'm not denying there's been hard men playing the game for decades, but they were just that ...hard. Tommy Smith, Hunter, McKay and Co could certainly be hard tacklers, but not snidely little gits. And I can't recall any of those guys rolling around in agony .....ever! Barton is a nasty piece of work, should be inside with his equally nasty brother. In fact I suggest it should be Barton wearing the blouse.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorry, but that would have got a red card in the '60's or '70's too. You've never been allowed to stamp on someone. There was nothing blood and thunder about it, it was a sly dirty stamp.

i went in 1988 and my old man in 1951 and we both agree with you...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here