Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Getting rid of an Xbox 360?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm thinking of getting rid of my old Xbox 360. Three questions:

1) Should I hang on to it and gobble up the second hand games, now going for peanuts?
2) Am I right in thinking it has zero value? It has no Kinect, and only a few games.
3) If I give it away, is there an easy way to wipe it / reset the profiles?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
2) see ebay, probably worth £50-100 depending on condition and games.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
As always with eBay, put it on at 99p and watch the price get bidded up to something decent. Never list stuff at a set price.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Have you replaced it with another console? I assume you don't have kids.
No, I'd probably just play on the PC, for the spare time I have. Also no - why, would kids have a better trade-in value?

Not quite. Which version of the 360 is it? How much memory etc.
Good question, how do I tell? I can't find the box, but it's seven years old. I believe the HDD is 120gb.

As for games, I've only got stuff like the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Bioshock 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, LOTR BFME, all with big game guides. Quite fancy Bioshock 3, and another go at Oblivion, but don't know what else I'd play.

TBH, I'm happy to give it away on Freecycle, but I just don't want some oik selling it on if it has any value. Would a charity shop be able to sell it?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
i would say closer to £20-£30 tbh.
Though I assumed this was without many games, so might be completely wrong.

Second-hand shops are asking about £50, but I don't know what their mark-up is.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Second-hand shops are asking about £50, but I don't know what their mark-up is.

I'll get you some prices now.

Which one is it, and is it boxed?

$_32.JPG

32390552-2-440-overview-1.gif

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just had a quick look on CEX.

They'd buy all of the above for £30.90 (or £44.60) exchange.
CEX will sell the lot for about £70.00.

I'm certain you wouldn't get more than £40 for the lot anywhere, except maybe catch someone out on Gumtree.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Worth £30 to £40 max as they are cheap as chips everywhere. Also a lot of these CEX places are great but only want the higher spec ones and boxed. Gumtree would probably be your best bet but its worth a few quid.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
keeping my 360 have no intention selling not used it for ages but will at some stage,not interested in getting any later model consoles either,hope this helps..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, I'd probably just play on the PC, for the spare time I have. Also no - why, would kids have a better trade-in value?
I think selling kids is slightly black market, I was thinking of a use for the 360.

TBH, I'm happy to give it away on Freecycle, but I just don't want some oik selling it on if it has any value. Would a charity shop be able to sell it?
Some charity shops won't deal with electricals, I assume some would :shrug:

I see you've already been given CEX value.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Did you get rid of it? My kids 360 just died, so I'm after one.

Yes, I sold it all for about £45. The shop seemed to have quite a turnover in 360s, so you may find one locally.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

Good question, how do I tell? I can't find the box, but it's seven years old. I believe the HDD is 120gb.

As for games, I've only got stuff like the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Bioshock 1 & 2, Red Dead Redemption, LOTR BFME, all with big game guides. Quite fancy Bioshock 3, and another go at Oblivion, but don't know what else I'd play.

I have a Xbox360 which suddenly would not connect with my PC I then tried it on the PC but received place it in the Xbox, any suggestions?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I have a Xbox360 which suddenly would not connect with my PC I then tried it on the PC but received place it in the Xbox, any suggestions?

Try again in English?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here