Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Airbus tells UK employees a vote to leave EU could make it rethink future

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Airbus has told its staff that a vote to leave the EU could choke off future investment in the UK.

Airbus, which employs 15,000 people in the UK to design and manufacture aircraft wings, said it was committed to its British operations regardless of the referendum result. But it said a vote to leave could make it rethink future decisions about where to invest the group’s money. In a letter signed by six senior Airbus executives, the company said: “We simply don’t know what ‘out’ looks like.”

The aerospace giant’s letter came as a survey of Lloyd’s insurance workers found an overwhelming majority believe a British exit would be bad for the country’s £60bn insurance industry, and the chief executive of the London Stock Exchange gave vocal support for the EU.

The letter said: “Should the British electorate have a different view then clearly we wouldn’t cease our activities in the UK, which are highly important and very prominent. However, our business model is entirely based on our ability to move products, people and ideas around Europe without any restriction and we do not believe leaving will increase the competitiveness of our British-based operations. We all need to keep in the back of our minds that future investments depend very much on the economic environment in which the company operates.”

Airbus UK designs and engineers wings for aircraft, including the giant A380 “superjumbo”, at a facility in Filton, south Gloucestershire. The wings are made on the Welsh side of the border with England, at Broughton, near Chester.

Airbus estimates that its wing operations support about 100,000 jobs through the supply chain.

http://www.theguardian.com/business...utives-brexit-warning-letter-uk-eu?CMP=twt_gu

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh well.

Airbus are only there because it suits them financially at the current time. They could - and would - turn the tap off tomorrow if they wanted to, EU vote or no EU vote. Same as Tata have just done to the steel industry. F*ck 'em.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you work for Airbus I suggest they are right.

Jan 10, 2014
They'd certainly struggle getting off the ground without Rolls Royce engines, wings or no wings.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No doubt [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] is trawling the farther reaches of the Internet as I type to find a random blog from someone no one has ever heard but who knows more about what is best for Airbus than their 6 executives do.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Of course the Chief Executive of London Stock Exchange said that.

He is a Frenchman trying to stitch us up by handing the LSE to Deutche Bourse and pocketting £14 million in the process!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Blimey. What is it about self-determination that sends the willies up the Remainers? This survey is interesting. A majority of Brexiteers want out for positive reasons, a majority of Remainers want to stay in because they're afraid.

dqnl7c.jpg

And if anyone says...but our trade with Europe blah, blah, blah. The UK is less dependent on exports than any other EU country and 3rd lowest dependent on imports. We'll be fine if we go it alone. The world won't stop turning, milk won't go green, we won't be bankrupt.

2qx1b2o.jpg

Workers of the UK unite. You have nothing to lose but your chains.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has anyone accused them of scaremongering yet?

If not, it won't be long.
Scaremongering? Nonsense - it's more of a threat. 'Behave yourselves, vote the 'right' way or some of you may lose your jobs in the future' - though to be fair to them they are committing themselves to retain their activities in the UK.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Of course the Chief Executive of London Stock Exchange said that.

He is a Frenchman trying to stitch us up by handing the LSE to Deutche Bourse and pocketting £14 million in the process!!!

Stop telling the truth they don't like it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Blimey. What is it about self-determination that sends the willies up the Remainers? This survey is interesting. A majority of Brexiteers want out for positive reasons, a majority of Remainers want to stay in because they're afraid.

dqnl7c.jpg

And if anyone says...but our trade with Europe blah, blah, blah. The UK is less dependent on exports than any other EU country and 3rd lowest dependent on imports. We'll be fine if we go it alone. The world won't stop turning, milk won't go green, we won't be bankrupt.

2qx1b2o.jpg

Workers of the UK unite. You have nothing to lose but your chains.

:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm voting Leave for the simple reason I want my daughter to have a future in this country, it isn't working now and it's not going to work in the future, it's going to get worse.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm voting Leave for the simple reason I want my daughter to have a future in this country, it isn't working now and it's not going to work in the future, it's going to get worse.

No shit!

You'd still vote leave if Nigel Farage himself did a 180 degree U Turn and joined the remainers on the back of double blind, scientifically sound evidence that by staying in every man jack in this country would earn several thousand pounds extra, get to drive a new Roller every weekend and receive a ration book for a monthly blow job off Audrey Tautou.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
No doubt [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] is trawling the farther reaches of the Internet as I type to find a random blog from someone no one has ever heard but who knows more about what is best for Airbus than their 6 executives do.

Well, to some extent you have a point, Having read your post I did Google "Airbus EU subsidy" and bless my soul what did I find?

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/cases_e/ds316_e.htm

If Airbus is going to leave the UK they will certainly not be getting the money from the EU as they would have less money to throw about.

Their 6 executives are pro EU shills, as always with the EU its just about the money............our money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here