[Other Sport] IBF Heavyweight Title: Martin Vs Joshua

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
'Prince' Charles Martin Vs Anthony Joshua

Saturday 9th April
Sky Box Office

What are we thinking r.e odds and bets, Gents?
Joshua clear favourite at the bookies.

Is there any value in the Prince at 4's?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My view was that he was stepping up too soon as that loud mouth lump Fury says Joshua cant box, has no jab or footwork. Cant wait for Klitchko to knock him out in the rematch then retire and leave the title vacant for Joshua to unify. It seems the bookies think he will win.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Given we don't really know much about either man I amazed at how long the odds are on Martin. I really like AJ and hope he goes on to be one of the best this country has ever seen - but Martin has to be worth a few quid. This is heavyweight boxing anything can happen. Not many keep their '0' in this division.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Given we don't really know much about either man I amazed at how long the odds are on Martin. I really like AJ and hope he goes on to be one of the best this country has ever seen - but Martin has to be worth a few quid. This is heavyweight boxing anything can happen. Not many keep their '0' in this division.

I was thinking this. Attractive odds for the unbeaten champion.
AJ's never fought a Southpaw and has only fought 32 rounds (and has never been taken past the 7th round) in his professional career.

I don't know anything about Martin, apart from his title fight being ridiculous.

Can only see AJ winning due to his power, but I think I'll be sticking a few ££ on the Prince.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It's an unknown but by far the easiest opponent anyone has faced for a world title in years. The winner is nothing more than a paper champion to King Fury who would humiliate Joshua.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Given the chance Joshua will beat Fury perhaps not yet but in 12 - 18 months time with a little more experience. That is assuming Haye hasnt beaten him already:that is if he wasnt scared to fight Haye.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Joshua will not duck anyone, hes a fighting champion for sure.

Hopefully he will beat Martin, get a decent mandatory defence in to gain a bit more experience and then move onto the other champions.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
It's an unknown but by far the easiest opponent anyone has faced for a world title in years. The winner is nothing more than a paper champion to King Fury who would humiliate Joshua.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? That Fury fight against klitschko has to be one of the worst I've ever seen, I'm no expert but i don't think Tyson has the energy to match Joshua, forget over 12 rounds, I reckon it would be over in under 5.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Really? That Fury fight against klitschko has to be one of the worst I've ever seen, I'm no expert but i don't think Tyson has the energy to match Joshua, forget over 12 rounds, I reckon it would be over in under 5.
Tyson completely neutralised klitschko which is why it was dull . It was a tactical masterclass. He's way above Joshua's level at this point in time and much bigger so would be able to easily out jab him.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Tyson completely neutralised klitschko which is why it was dull . It was a tactical masterclass. He's way above Joshua's level at this point in time and much bigger so would be able to easily out jab him.

Not sure Fury has the power to stop the big guys... I could be wrong, winning over 12 rounds for a heavyweight is just a bit dull....

I see Vlad attempting to just walk through his jab this time to get a big shot off, we know Fury is chinny.

I agree though, Joshua could do with 2 or 3 more fights ideally before he fights Fury.

No doubt Fury will call him out if they both have belts, I dont see Joshua ducking anyone even if he may need more fights.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not sure Fury has the power to stop the big guys... I could be wrong, winning over 12 rounds for a heavyweight is just a bit dull....

I see Vlad attempting to just walk through his jab this time to get a big shot off, we know Fury is chinny.

I agree though, Joshua could do with 2 or 3 more fights ideally before he fights Fury.

No doubt Fury will call him out if they both have belts, I dont see Joshua ducking anyone even if he may need more fights.
Vlad couldn't knock out many of his opponent's. Even Chisora!!! He is also "chinny" getting knocked out twice early on. It didn't seem to bother him too much once he found a way to win. He won most of those fights based on his bigger size and ability to lean on smaller men. He just can't do that with Fury and that's his problem.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Vlad couldn't knock out many of his opponent's. Even Chisora!!!

Chisora fought Vitali, nah?

I've gone for AJ in the first three at 9/4. He won't have an easier opponent than this again if he wins. Obviously no indication as Fury looked fat compared to Wlad, but Martin looked flabby at the weigh-in. Didn't look good in that fight he won the title with against a very poor opponent.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Chisora fought Vitali, nah?

I've gone for AJ in the first three at 9/4. He won't have an easier opponent than this again if he wins. Obviously no indication as Fury looked fat compared to Wlad, but Martin looked flabby at the weigh-in. Didn't look good in that fight he won the title with against a very poor opponent.

My bad it was his brother (who was actually the better of the two!) but Wlad won 4 of his last nine wins on decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here