Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vile tweets about Jamie Vardy's ONE-YEAR OLD daughter

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
What on god's green earth...?

"The Leicester City striker's fiancee Rebekah Nicholson posted a photograph of their little girl on the social media site on Sunday evening, wearing the club's home shirt with "Daddy" emblazoned on the back." http://news.sky.com/story/1672470/jamie-vardy-slams-vile-tweets-about-daughter

What followed was this series of tweets from well, I can't even call them a troll; that would be much too kind. I just can't get my head round the process which goes through someone's head before posting this sort of stuff. If I was a celebrity I don't think I would boast the mental strength to put up with abuse from social media trolls. You're just open to all sorts of targets.

Vardy.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
'Internet is full of idiots and worse'

Where is the news?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont understand where that thought process even comes from.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
exactly
twitter and facebook/others are shite

There are chrome browser extensions that remove the comment section from pretty much every website. Just one click to turn it off. Viewing youtoube and news websites is way more peaceful experience haha

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
exactly

They CAN be shite, as all social media unfortunately gives a wide public platform for some of the vermin, pondlife and walking labotomies that sadly infest this planet to publish and flaunt their rampant idiocy. But there's plenty of decent stuff on Twitter and FB as well.

Its like saying NSC is shite because of the junk you get on here from some of the imbecilic semi-literate tragic trolls who visit these pages from time to time. Its not - you just have to take some of the rough with the smooth. Unfortunately nobody needs a licence to be let loose on the internet, and we all have to live with that.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They CAN be shite, as all social media unfortunately gives a wide public platform for some of the vermin, pondlife and walking labotomies that sadly infest this planet to publish and flaunt their rampant idiocy. But there's plenty of decent stuff on Twitter and FB as well.

Its like saying NSC is shite because of the junk you get on here from some of the imbecilic semi-literate tragic trolls who visit these pages from time to time. Its not - you just have to take some of the rough with the smooth. Unfortunately nobody needs a licence to be let loose on the internet, and we all have to live with that.

here, well yes I have learned that you have to take the banter and we are all blue and white are we not?
but all that shite elsewhere,no sorry I deleted it all, my life is to short to worry about what some silly bint in god knows where is having for her breakfast and IMHO the world is a far worse place since the arrival of this type of social media

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Let's hope that it's highly improbable that any of those tweeting about Vardy's daughter would have children of their own.

Twitter. Never has so much been said by so many with so little to say.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
here, well yes I have learned that you have to take the banter and we are all blue and white are we not?
but all that shite elsewhere,no sorry I deleted it all, my life is to short to worry about what some silly bint in god knows where is having for her breakfast and IMHO the world is a far worse place since the arrival of this type of social media

Well, as with most things its all about how you use it, and who you follow.

I'm not a massive fan of FB as a lot of the stuff on there from friends and family is boring old claptap of the nature you mention (and I daresay I'm just as boring, although I do tend to resist the urge to post pics of my breakfast and report how well I did or didn't sleep last night).

Twitter though, depending who you follow there's a lot of good stuff on there. Its a great source for up-to-the-minute news, there are some decent journalists who post interesting stuff. I can get the Albion team up shortly after its been announced, and follow updates on the game if I'm not there or near a radio. You can interact with people in the media and other fans, share opinions, debate. There are some laugh-out-loud funny spoof accounts. And then there's an endless supply of videos of people having accidents on trampolines, which is something I've always been a big fan of.

Its all about who you follow, and what you use it for.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside, I was retweeted by Piers Morgan the other night. He has nearly 5m followers, so once he'd done that, my phone went absolutely batshit MENTAL with further retweets and interactions all night, to the point where I just had to turn all the notifications off. I'll think again before I reply to any of his tweets in future.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
exactly

It depends who you follow and who your friends are. I choose who I follow on Twitter carefully. I particularly like Michael Gapes MP. I wish he was my local MP as he talks a lot of sense.
I follow Tim Peake and see some stunning photos of earth from space.
Like anything else, it's how you use something.

I wouldn't have seen this if it hadn't been for Nsc. So, you could say that Nsc is rubbish, because this has been posted here.

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
exactly

Sorry, but that's absolute rubbish. Twitter, Facebook, etc are just tools (in the traditional meaning of the word). It's the minority of users that are idiots, but it's pretty easy to avoid them.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
There was a similar idiot the other day who when one celeb had put an RIP about Ronnie Corbett decided to use it as a platform to say that James Corden should die.

A click on his profile says how he just loves to be 'controversial'

Too many of these people have seen others getting retweets and likes and think its a way for 15 minutes of fame. They should be nicked for inciting pedophilia. I don't care if it is a spotty 15 year old in their bedroom or whatever but they shouldn't be allowed to make those sort of comments and think it is OK. It is just simply not OK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here